Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:15 pm
Alright, so I've got my hand grenade G19, and I'm looking for an IWB holster for CCW. I've got a Blackhawk CQB paddle holster right now, but it prints like whoa and my shirt keeps riding up over it. It's great for casual OC, but s**t for CCW. Anybody have any particular designs/brands/models they like? I'm looking for strong-side, right-hand carry. I prefer drawing from a holster with no cant, but I think cant helps prevent printing, so I'm willing to give it a try.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:46 pm
eek what style are you looking for?

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog.php?cPath=28

I dont know about you but having the holster cant towards my strong side helps with drawing it faster and a lot more comfortably for me. If it isn't canted then it makes my hand bend out ito a rather uncomfortable position and then you have to pull it straight up till the muzzle clears the holster. No thanks. but thats just MHO  

090Freak090

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:25 pm
090Freak090
eek what style are you looking for?

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog.php?cPath=28

I dont know about you but having the holster cant towards my strong side helps with drawing it faster and a lot more comfortably for me. If it isn't canted then it makes my hand bend out ito a rather uncomfortable position and then you have to pull it straight up till the muzzle clears the holster. No thanks. but thats just MHO
I like the idea of a hybrid holster... I always thought that Kydex would be an easier draw, but leather would feel better against bare skin. I'll have to try one of these out sometime. I'm liking the MTAC.

I do prefer the straight draw. Canted muzzle-back is both counterproductive and awkward, and canted muzzle-forward doesn't seem to sit quite where and how I'd like it to, and drawing straight up feels more natural. My Blackhawk has a cut-out on the front so you can actually begin to tilt the gun forward before it's completely cleared the holster, but I've never used it. It's just my natural draw motion.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:19 pm
what do you mean by you haven't used it before? like carried or practiced?  

090Freak090

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:08 pm
090Freak090
Never used that particular feature. It's nice to have, but I'm not going to rely on it for a draw. Otherwise I'll try to cant too soon and catch the gun in the holster mid-draw.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:49 am
Fresnel
090Freak090
Never used that particular feature. It's nice to have, but I'm not going to rely on it for a draw. Otherwise I'll try to cant too soon and catch the gun in the holster mid-draw.

practice makes perfect.  

090Freak090

Buying and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces