Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:09 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Because the widespread release of surplus Garands will certainly crush all the companies who sell reproduction M1s as their sole source of income.

Well no.
But restricting one import can lead to others.
If FNH, H&K, Walther, SIG, CZ, EAA, Bersa, Taurus, Beretta, Steyr, Norinco, Saiga, Glock, and countless other companies are allowed to import, I don't see why Daewoo should be any different. Hell, it's not even Daewoo, it's the South Korean government. It's not like they MANUFACTURED them...

Norinco is under scrutiny, after all, are we getting any of the Norinco made M1As? The Canadians do, and they like them.
The SKS and the 1897s are all that we get of the Norinco made guns.

Well those companies have pretty big names.
While some are relatively new to the market, they have a big reputation and a lot of say.

Some rifles sold to a foreign country that they want to sell back?
: /
Norinco also has the MAC-90 (?) AK clones, but that's neither here nor there. In any case, Daewoo is a pretty damn big name. Not for import, but for manufacture. Not only do they make the USAS-12 and an upgraded M16, but they also sell cars here in the States.

I didn't know that the MAK-90s, I think it's MAK, were still being imported.
I've mostly heard about Daewoo from the vehicles and vaguely from their M16 version and recently their shotgun.

But as for the shotgun it's a destructive device even in semi-auto, ******** BATFE, and I doubt there's enough people going, "Hey I want a South Korean copy of an M16," to make an importable model profitable.

Anyway, just sucks that they're banning importation of things like this when toys containing lead and other chemically contaminated materials are let in.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:38 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Because the widespread release of surplus Garands will certainly crush all the companies who sell reproduction M1s as their sole source of income.

Well no.
But restricting one import can lead to others.
If FNH, H&K, Walther, SIG, CZ, EAA, Bersa, Taurus, Beretta, Steyr, Norinco, Saiga, Glock, and countless other companies are allowed to import, I don't see why Daewoo should be any different. Hell, it's not even Daewoo, it's the South Korean government. It's not like they MANUFACTURED them...

Norinco is under scrutiny, after all, are we getting any of the Norinco made M1As? The Canadians do, and they like them.
The SKS and the 1897s are all that we get of the Norinco made guns.

Well those companies have pretty big names.
While some are relatively new to the market, they have a big reputation and a lot of say.

Some rifles sold to a foreign country that they want to sell back?
: /
Norinco also has the MAC-90 (?) AK clones, but that's neither here nor there. In any case, Daewoo is a pretty damn big name. Not for import, but for manufacture. Not only do they make the USAS-12 and an upgraded M16, but they also sell cars here in the States.

I didn't know that the MAK-90s, I think it's MAK, were still being imported.
I've mostly heard about Daewoo from the vehicles and vaguely from their M16 version and recently their shotgun.

But as for the shotgun it's a destructive device even in semi-auto, ******** BATFE, and I doubt there's enough people going, "Hey I want a South Korean copy of an M16," to make an importable model profitable.

Anyway, just sucks that they're banning importation of things like this when toys containing lead and other chemically contaminated materials are let in.
Actually, I just looked up Daewoo's guns... some of them are pretty ******** incredible. They've got an SMG that's the b*****d child of the M16 and the MP5SD, an assault rifle that's the b*****d child of the AR-15 and the AR-18, an improved Mk. 19, and an OICW that actually ******** works, and is now being issued to their armed forces.

User Image

They're like Israel... everything we have, they've improved. Except they're uglier.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:58 pm
Sgt Buckner
IVAN CHESNOKOV !!zkyAeytsDSJ 08/20/10(Fri)02:21 No.7062257
RIFLE OF JOHN GARAND IS CHOOSE BY CRIMINAL? HOW TALL IS AMERICAN CRIMINAL, TWENTY ARSHINI? IF YOU ARE MAN WHO HIDES RIFLE OF GARAND FOR ROBBERY OF LIQUOR SHOP, I THINK BIGGEST PROBLEM IS STOOP LOW ENOUGH TO FIT THROUGH FRONT DOOR!
Ivan figured me out! eek  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:08 pm
Okay, for the benefit of you all who aren't in the Sexiest Gun thread or perhaps just missed the post, I heard the real story behind the Korean debacle. Apparently, those are American guns, owned by America, and on loan to Korea. The Koreans tried to SELL them back to us, claiming they were the other bunch of guns we'd sold them years ago (which they quickly sold off to other nations), and Obama rightly told them to stick it in their asses. If we want them back, we'll just recall the loan. Some dumbass press secretary who didn't know WTF he was talking about gave the anti-gun story.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Dusk001

Dapper Fatcat

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:45 am
Since when have press secretaries known what they're talking about, anyway?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:05 pm
I'm a little po'd that I can't get a Neostead 2000. It seems extremely practical for hunting and home protection.  

inverse-actuality

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces