Welcome to Gaia! ::

Japanese Academy

Back to Guilds

A virtual classroom where beginners can learn to read and write Japanese. New students welcome! 

Tags: Japanese, Academy, Japan, Learn, School 

Reply Japanese Academy
Tips for Mastering Hiragana Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:16 pm
i think it is important to master it i like the idea of flash cards but also we can pictures of it. it sort helps out.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:55 pm
I think I'm gonna try the last one. Tried the first one- didn't really do much and took way too much time. sad Hopefully the last one works well. Btw, I've been looking and studying at the Japanese stuff for so long, I totally forget to post anything in this guild (because I also look at stuff from other Japanese guilds >.<). Sorry!  

Daisukiaitsu

8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • First step to fame 200

mikeplusplus

Codebreaking Genius

6,850 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:52 pm
I personally did the first method (writing em over and over). i will never forget them now, and more importantly, i dont have old women, crows, and eels running around in my head whenever i write now.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:16 pm
I want to give you guys something that me and my friend use to practice ahead of our class. http://www.realkana.com/ This is somewhat like flash cards. If you already know your stuff, this can be a somewhat fun game seeing how fast and how error free you can recall them. As for first time learning, my class teaches them the usual way by using pictures that sound and look similar, then I go about the tradition way writing it out a bunch and saying it in my head. Then, I go home and try my hand at this nifty website I'm sharing with you guys. If it helps you're welcome.  

IVIalice

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:48 pm
I think that would work. demo can we have the link for traditional hirgana please arigato.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:24 pm
I used the traditional method, and Fright san is right. It is NOT fun. As such, I only learned the Hiragana, not the Katakana. Then, after I got that down, I leapt into Kanji, bypassing katakana altogether. Now, having realized I kinda NEED to know katakana, I'm going back and trying to re-learn it. Its harder than it should be, because a lot of katakana look almost EXACTLY like Kanji, which is confusing me to no end. Every time I look at Ka, I see Tou, which means sword. Normally, this isn't a problem, since you should learn Katakana BEFORE Kanji, but, what are you going to do? Oh well. Maybe I'll try one of the other methods this time around.  

Priestess_Kelina

Hilarious Gaian

1,275 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Acobjum

Intellectual Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:16 pm
Mine was the traditional way. 1st two lines of paper all for exp. a in hiragana, the next two lines katakana a, next two lines various words written in hiragana a whilst other letters remained in latin, next two lines similiar only with the katakana a. I kept doing this till I memorized both kana systems. Whilst doing so I would also read various japanese and memorize the kana used in sentences eventually learning both scripts.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:35 am
i found flash cards to work for me  

Khymichi

Japanese Academy

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out