Reply [IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]
[PRP] I've returned home; now what?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kytora

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:42 pm
User ImageWivian had only been back home for a week or so, but it almost felt like she had never left. The weather was similar to what it had been. Sure, there had been a few new litters (probably; she didn't know any of them explicitly) into the pride, which was always good news.

She and her sister had returned from their journey. The rest of her siblings, or at least from what she knew, were still out there, searching for their names. Wivian wished them the best of luck.

And because she was one of the only ones back, she didn't know quite what to do with herself. There was hunting, yes. And she could always go exploring in the pride and meeting new members and having new conversations, but...

Now that she was an adult, shouldn't there be bigger things for her to do? She wasn't a cub anymore! When did she start having bigger responsibilities?

Wivian knew that her mother would suggest having cubs (in a joking way, of course. Salima was already torn over the fact that her cubs had grown up enough to go on their own naming quests). Having a litter of your own would definitely teach you responsibility, she would say.

Sure, there's no denying it. But having cubs required a male. Wivian didn't know any males.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:15 pm
User Image
Maysa slowly blinked her eyes in boredom and used her tail to swat a pesky fly that just didn't want seem like it wanted to leave. She took in her surroundings, trying to see if there was anything to do or someone to play with seeing as she was alone with out her family. She knew her journey would come soon but she didn't really want to think about it quite yet, she was happy with her status in life.

A buzzing noise and a tickling of her nose interrupted her thought process. Maysa frowned, going cross-eyed she spotted the annoying insect and with a low growl she swatted with her paw. Soon it began to turn into a game. Pounce, pause, pounce. A giggle escaped her mouth. Not paying attention to where she was going, she tripped and fell into the swampy waters. Her head broke the surface, she had enough time to let out a frightened mew before she went under again.

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Kytora

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Suddenly, she was interrupted from her thoughts. A few strange noises came to Wivian's ears: a giggle, then a splash. But it hadn't sounded like it was a good thing...

The young lioness trotted over towards the sound, happy for a distraction from her thoughts. Things were beginning to become too depressed to think about any more.

A frightened mewl came her way, followed by a quick, smaller splash. That definitely didn't sound right, and it helped lead Wivian in the right direction. She brought her gait up to a sprint, and by the time she reached the pool of water she thought the sounds were coming from, there was no one around to tell her if she was right or wrong.

Panting from her quick run, she glanced around in all directions, hoping that she would find something that would tell her she wasn't at the wrong place. For all she knew, there could be a cub in the water, but if she spent her time looking through empty pools, it might be too late for the real pool that held the cub. The thought did not sit well with her.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:49 pm
Maysa could feel her body slowly shutting down from the lack of oxygen. Memories flashed through her mind of her family she never really attempted to get to know and with the last burst of energy she broke her head through the water. Spotting a tree root near by she clung to it with her remaining strength. Still shaking and her heart going a mile-a-minute from the fright of almost dying, Maysa looked around at her surrounding. Sudden movement to her left made her gasp. There stood a panting light furred lioness with a striking wing-like pattern on her back. " Please! Help me! I can't swim!" Maysa's whimper was drowned out by the sound of cracking. It would seem her perch was breaking.

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Kytora

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:58 pm
Ah, there was a cub in here! Not as young as she thought, but still small enough to get trapped in the swampy waters that they lived with. Wivian almost took a gasp of relief, but then the loud sound of CRACK echoed around them, and she dove towards the cub quickly.

With the pink female's scruff in her mouth, Wivian pulled as hard as she could to get the cub out of her trap. It was slow going, but she knew she had a good grip on the fur. She pulled, and tugged, and yanked, and finally they were both free of the tricky, thick water.

She was panting even more, now, but at least she had done something extraordinary. It was surprising that no one else around had heard them; then again, it was a big pride and a big area to live in. There was probably no one else around. Not a good thing for a cub to be wandering around, alone.

"You alright?" she asked, once she caught her breath.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:09 pm
Panting herself, Maysa tried to calm down. Her bright pink fur was darkened somewhat from her watery adventure. Looking at her hero with watery purple eyes, she took a calming breath and whispered a soft but greatful thank you. Giving herself a fullbody shake to clear off the excess water Maysa finally answered the question of the unknown female. " Yes, I am fine thanks to you!" She mumbled 'stupid bug' under her breath before continuing to talk normally. " Please don't tell my mother! She will never let me go out alone again and sometimes a girl just needs her freedom!" Maysa was always one for theatrics at times seeing as she still was young and not quite matured yet.  

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Kytora

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:36 pm
Wivian couldn't help but chuckle at the young female's antics. She nodded, hoping to calm the cub's nerves. After that watery adventure, with near-death on the line, she'd be worried too. Not so much about her mother grounding her to the den, but worried about...everything else, basically.

"Of course, don't worry about that. I'm sure she'd understand, but she would be right. You shouldn't be walking around all on your own, especially near tricky swamp areas like this." She hoped she wouldn't sound too much like her mother, but at the same time, if this cub didn't learn fast, she never would.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 am
Maysa sighed with relief when she saw that the other female wouldn't say anything about this to her family. " Yeah, I think she would after much talk of how unsafe I was being." Maysa nodded in agreement. " You know, I don't think I told you my name yet! Mama says, that when I am older I have to go on a naming journey. So I guess you can call me Maysa for now! " She beamed at her saviour. " And you are?" Maysa made her way to a patch of sunlight inorder to dry off. Krinkling her nose, she took in the smell of her fur. It wasn't as pleasant as it once was, ' Stinky swamp water.' She thought.

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:56 pm
Maysa started to get a little sleepy, it had been a long horrible day and when Wivian spoke her name Maysa found herself barely keeping her eyes closed on account of her feeling sleepy. "I'm gonna leave soon cause I'm sleepy and wanna rest." Maysa stretched her body outward bum in the air and front paws pushed forward. "It was nice meeting you Wivian and I hopes to see you 'gain cause you have been so nice!"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:03 pm
Maysa had left her friend by the water reassuring Wivian that Maysa was a big girl and knew where her mama and papa lived. Though for some reason as she made her journey home it felt like eyes were on the back of her head. Maysa was somewhat oblivious the presence didn't feel threatening so just ignored it. Squealing upon seeing her family at last Maysa wander quickly and dosily over to lay down with the rest of her siblings whom were currently nestled along their parents. Yawning Maysa sleepily greeted her parents with a nuzzle and thought it was best to keep the almost drowning a secret for now. Closing her eyes Maysa went to sleep feeling comforted by her families presence.

END.  

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas