Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
A simple feature that will increase guild activity levels!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ebania

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hi everyone! You may have seen me around this guild and the Newbie Supporting and Training Guild, where I'm a vice captain. It's nice to belong to such a great community of crewmembers, where we're free to discuss guild affairs and get to know one another. ^__^

I fully understand that the development team is extremely busy at this time and guilds will not see any major improvements in the near future; as a matter of fact, when I asked about guilds at the Houston Meet-Up, that's exactly what DJ Helsing told me.

But I had an idea. Right now, it's nearly impossible to keep up with discussions in guilds; there's no way to look up your past posts in guilds, subscribe to guild topics, or anything of the sort.

Whenever someone responds to a topic of mine or quotes me in the public forums, I receive a notification in my header. Would it be possible to also receive notifications when someone responds to a topic I started in a guild, or quotes me in a guild topic? Perhaps this would help guild members continue meaningful conversations with one another and thus maintain a higher level of activity within the entire guild as a whole. It's hard to continue a conversation or remain interested in a topic when you don't know if or when someone responded to you.

Thank you for your consideration!

Ebony

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:56 pm
yeah, we're working on allowing users to be able to subscribe to threads so that they will receive notifications, much like what's done on the regular forums.
we're still quite a bit away from being able to implement this, stay tuned.

Ebony the Peacian

Hi everyone! You may have seen me around this guild and the Newbie Supporting and Training Guild, where I'm a vice captain. It's nice to belong to such a great community of crewmembers, where we're free to discuss guild affairs and get to know one another. ^__^

I fully understand that the development team is extremely busy at this time and guilds will not see any major improvements in the near future; as a matter of fact, when I asked about guilds at the Houston Meet-Up, that's exactly what DJ Helsing told me.

But I had an idea. Right now, it's nearly impossible to keep up with discussions in guilds; there's no way to look up your past posts in guilds, subscribe to guild topics, or anything of the sort.

Whenever someone responds to a topic of mine or quotes me in the public forums, I receive a notification in my header. Would it be possible to also receive notifications when someone responds to a topic I started in a guild, or quotes me in a guild topic? Perhaps this would help guild members continue meaningful conversations with one another and thus maintain a higher level of activity within the entire guild as a whole. It's hard to continue a conversation or remain interested in a topic when you don't know if or when someone responded to you.

Thank you for your consideration!

Ebony

diversaurus

Ebania

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:09 pm
diversaurus
yeah, we're working on allowing users to be able to subscribe to threads so that they will receive notifications, much like what's done on the regular forums.

That's so exciting! Thank you for responding to me in such a timely manner; I really appreciate it! I can't wait to see when and how this feature is going to be implemented; I will certainly stay within the loop.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:52 pm
biggrin That would be so wonderful. Ebony that is the best idea that someone could have.  

Tantooden

Sweet Glitch

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:37 am
It's a great idea, people have been asking to 'Subscribe to thread' in guilds for a long time.

Nice to see the Dev's are looking into it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:29 am
fantastic news, Thanks Diversauraus  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Purple-eyed Dreamer

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:50 am
Neverending is my love for you, my Earth

That'd be awesome!

More and more each day your greatness speaks to me
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:27 am
diversaurus

This is excellent news. For sure I'll stay tuned.  

Harvey_Kinkle

Hitched Partner

Erpel

Beloved Bloodsucker

8,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:16 pm
Just thinking about how that all needed to be implemented. Neato.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:20 pm
that would be great! i feel like guilds are hidden away and get forgotten about..if we start getting notifications it will make it a lot easier to check back.

i also wish guilds had the 'quick reply' option that the forums have  

I SO VERY----- I

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Sergeant Perks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:40 pm
I'm looking forward to this change! heart  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:55 pm
I would just like to take this opportunity to thank the developers who made this change possible; it's been great! We appreciate it greatly.  

Ebania

Sarcastic Prophet

BobCatHOH

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:42 pm
This is a great idea.  
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash