Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling
Third Party SSB character predictions?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Enesuto

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:25 am
I answered a forum regarding a new SSB game, and I replied to some one who suggested some new characters. I thought about what third-party (non-Nintendo) characters might make an appearance.

I think SF is a very likely contender. SF, along with Capcom, is known for their cross-over games. Hell, they're famous for'em. And in turn, Mega-Man, with their long running ties with Nintendo and Capcom, and Mega-Man's HUGE demand for a SSB appearance, it seems like a reasonable contender, too.

Final Fantasy is another one. It has a lot of demands from the fanboys, and again, has ties with Nintendo. I mean, if they get MGS... well, damn.

He also mentioned Naruto. As much as I DESPISE Naruto, he would blend in well, and if the demand is high enough, he could have a bit of a shot.

This is coming from some one who isn't a huge fan of any of these franchises. This is in no way wishful thinking. What do you all think?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:28 pm
They've never used a charecter who originated in an anime, and I doubt they're going to start now.

The biggest surprise is would be them making another Smash Bros game, as the maker didn't even want to make the third. They pretty much bribed him by saying he could use charecters whom he wasn't allowed to before.
On top of that, they only seem to make one Smash Bros per system, and there already is one for the Wii.  

Pent and Ten

Moonlight Shapeshifter

Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces