Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Fallout: New Vegas Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Ginger Dude

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:21 am
Won't have the time to play this anytime soon, A.C Brotherhood, and replaying all the final fantasy games(excluding 11,12,13 they never happened, square enix is just a garbage bin of a company), will keep me company until G.R.F.S and Portal 2, and Old Republic.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:12 pm
12 is ok and 13 is underrated. I'm guessing you didn't like them since they didn't follow the same basic formula that 1-9 used?  

nitnit
Captain

The Ginger Dude

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:19 pm
Just dissapointed, the music i praise they were good, and 13 had a sazh, because one, he's black, and two, he has a fro and has a baby chocobo that lives in his fro. But that's pretty much it  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:02 am
Can I expect a nitnit review of Dead Money from nitnit possibly around Januaury?  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:35 pm
Perhaps..!

What I really wonder is how they're going to raise the level cap by 5 without allowing level 35 characters to be ridiculously overpowered...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:55 pm
I can't really value your opinion if you haven't even gotten all of the achievements yet. Not directed at anyone in particular(MetaShodan).  

Ominous Prime666

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:59 am
They're raising the level cap in Dead Money? I hadn't heard about that, now I'm a bit more excited. I hope there are more new weapons than just that bear trap fist thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:53 pm
Ominous - I have all the achievements.

Horatio - There are a fair number of new weapons. Nothing quite as overpowered as what was in the FO3 DLCs though.

What I can say is... Dead Money is overall the hardest thing in all of FO3/FONV. Not because of the enemies really, but because of the environment - it makes for some really cool stressful moments, but at some points it's more frustrating than anything. This was the reviewers' biggest issue, but if you like challenge in your game, and are fine with actually reading computer terminals to get the backstory - Dead Money is leagues better than any of the FO3 DLCs.

(IMO Dead Money >>> The Pitt > Point Lookout > Broken Steel >>> Operation Anchorage >> Mothership Zeta)

At the end of the day though, I don't regret buying it. It had good writing, interesting characters, and a story that has a few interesting moral concepts. All in all it was pretty well thought out - since the area is supposed to be "prewar" there are no caps or anything. This is very apparent when you trade with the hologram vendors who have 0 caps (you have 0 caps too) and the only currency they can give you is pre-war money.

The level cap is raised to 35, and a few new perks were added - none of them appealed to me though (you can find a list online).

Some reviews say they only gained a couple levels from dead money... I went into dead money at level 30, and emerged at level 35. I am a bit of a scrounger/explorer, but honestly my biggest disappointment was that all 5 of the extra levels were earned within the DLC, lol.  

nitnit
Captain

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:40 pm
Yeah, I got it Christmas day, and I like the new weapons. I can't wait to get back all my .308 rounds so I can really let loose with that Automatic Rifle lol.

I'm not even done with it, and all I can say is that I really hope all future DLC for New Vegas is like Dead Money, and then I won't mind forking over so much money.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff