Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gundams and Randomness!

Back to Guilds

A guild for anyone that loves mech, anime, or roleplaying, or even just being random! 

Tags: Anime, Mecha, Gundam, Roleplay, Close-knit 

Reply Life Stuffs
i need advice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

blissfulend

Dapper Bloodsucker

4,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:30 pm
okay so i know alot of popel out there smoke, but my bf is smokeing and i dont like it one bit, he said hed quite for me and he did but today i went on mysapce and on sep.9 he poasted "damn i ran out of my last cig today, someone bring me some to school okay??" he told me he stoped like months ago (like all the way back in june)cuz we made a deal that i would stop starveing myself (im just slightly overweight but im made fun of for it alot) if he stoped smokeing so he promised and now i belive hes broken my promise and i feel betrayed cuz it seems like no one ever keeps promises to me anymore. if he says he has stoped should i trust him?????? if he says i will stop should i belive him?????? idk what to do.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:18 pm
Alright, I know you said you stopped, but starving yourself isn't what makes you lose weight. In fact, it helps you gain weight. And don't pay attention to people who insult you, later on in life they'll probably be the same way.

Well, smoking is an addiction. It's hard to stop. Because of the chemicals in nicotine, a smoker begins to feel like they need a cigarette instead of just wanting one. So they keep smoking it because of the nicotine in it. He's probably tried to stop multiple times but couldn't do it. My dad used to be a smoker but he switched to the pipe before quitting completely. Other people use patches or nicotine gum. Unless he did lie about going to quit. What you do is up to what you want to do. If you want to know why he hasn't stopped, then ask him. But don't accuse him like it's his fault, unless it is.  

Ty Gwynnia
Vice Captain

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

Silas Parrish
Vice Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:36 pm
Fun fact about cigarettes: the chemical addiction is relatively easy to break. The psychological need to be doing something with your hands is not. Have you tried those fake cigarettes and patches? It'll wean him off the nicotine, and he won't feel like he's missing something if he smokes one of those fake cigs. Also, starving yourself is not a healthy way to lose weight. If you do it long enough, your body will begin feeding from its own muscle tissue, because it will think you've run out of food. It'll turn on "survival mode," and deplete your muscular structure until you die. Sorry to be so blunt, but you should know the risks of what you're doing. Muscle tissue is very, very hard to build back up once you've lost it. If you wanna lose weight, then count your calories. The amount of food doesn't mean a thing, as long as you stay under 1500 calories a day. Eat three 500 calorie meals, and be sure to load up on protein and calcium. That'll build up muscle and bone structure, and your body will be forced to use its fat stores, and you'll lose all unwanted weight, risk-free. You'll also become a generally happier, healthier person. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:05 pm
Well, you can't really make a deal about that kind of things.
You're technically saying to your boyfriend to stop his addiction, which, to be honest, is hard to do in the first place.
A better deal would have been that you would go to a nutritionist if he went to get help to get over his addiction.
And if he doesn't want to because he enjoys it, you can't go cry in a corner. Just tell him that [at least when he's with you] he shouldn't smoke.

Lamiroir

Omnipresent Senshi

Life Stuffs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces