Nah I'm too cool for that.
  OMGZZ GOLD.
View Results

wenfy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:20 am
Just some things to keep in mind:

1. THIS IS THE INTERNET.
A VERY broad place. Anything is possible and everything can be traced.

2. WE DO NOT SPEAK OF THE INTERNET. (loljk)
No seriously, I'm joking.

3. YOU DO NOT KNOW WHO IS BEHIND THAT KEYBOARD.
A person can tell you in the form of words what they look like or who they are, but other than words THERE IS NO EVIDENCE.

4. YOU CAN NEVER BE 100% SURE THAT THE OTHER PERSON IS TELLING THE TRUTH.
Your hot 15 yr old virtual boyfriend that plays guitar could turn out to be someone VERY different from what they tell you. DON'T TRUST THEM.

5. THIS IS THE INTERNET. IMPERSONATION IS EASY.
I could say to you right now that I am a man or one of those up and coming celebrities everyone's talking about (you know the one.) How do you know? You never will. (See 1.)

6. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, EVER REVEAL HIGHLY PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOURSELF. (Eg, Cellphone numbers, Addresses, NOT EVEN FACEBOOK.)
VERY VERY IMPORTANT. Please. Not under ANY circumstance.
Do not risk your phone bill. Do not risk getting in trouble with your parents, Do not risk being stalked. All for your virtual love. IT IS NOT WORTH IT. How do I know? Personal experience.

7. INTERNET RELATIONSHIPS DO NOT USUALLY WORK OUT. DO NOT BE COCKY AND TRY TO PROVE ME WRONG.
Sure there's the occasional couple who withstand the test of the internet. But mark my words. You Will Not Last. You started it easily, and you can just as easily end it.

8. INTERNET RELATIONSHIPS SHOULD BE KEPT IN THE BEDROOM OR WHEREVER YOUR INTERNET ACCESS IS SITUATED.
Never boast about something like this. Do not embark on a long distance relationship over the phone or the like. THIS IS THE INTERNET. Keep your internet relationship to the internet.

9. FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY, PLEASE DO NOT GET TOO ROMANTICALLY INVOLVED.
I'm not saying don't love. You are entitled to. So not get too attached and trusting. THIS IS THE INTERNET. You don't always know who you're trusting.

10. UNLESS YOU ARE MEETING IN A VERY PUBLIC PLACE AND FRIENDS ACCOMPANY YOU, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL YOU MEET YOUR VIRTUAL SIGNIFICANT OTHER.
You've seen enough on the news.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:53 am
Good thing you posted this way too many girls get kidnapped because of the internet and the supposed sweet guys they meet and the same is true for guys I don't know how many times they've had to report another body was found out by a church in my neighborhood. Please use caution while online!  

momijisohma619

6,250 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
The Match Making Partner's Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items