Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] Tomson the Preta [READY] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shia bean

Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:54 am
heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:14 pm
Tomsoooon needs some srs critage. OH YEAH  

Shia bean

Prophet

Shia bean

Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:48 am
*nudges back up to the top oh yeah*  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:45 am
This isn't so much a crit as it is the need to sate my own curiosity, but I was reading the Wiki about Preta and their description, and I'm curious about the way that Tomson looks!

In this wiki, it describes Preta as usually being very invisible, or even as gangly and bloated, with small mouths and tiny throats - which ties into their being always hungry.

What strange turn of events occurred that caused the Preta to fuse with the human form? I'd like to know more! He's so different from a 'traditional' Preta!  

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Shia bean

Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:11 am
Pinchmonster

Thank you for posing the question! It's one I've been thinking about myself on and off.

My main thought was that Tomson had some demons in his human life that transferred over. Either he suffered from personality disorders or a rough childhood led him to become a jealous/greedy individual at his time of death. In both instances, the build up of bad 'karma' that Tomson created for himself did not completely consume his ghost, but it did inject itself into his new un-life.

Yet I didn't want to play a character with those traits, or at least not one that displayed them all of the time. So I thought perhaps he wasn't an overly possessive individual at first, but had his darker days. This could be particularly true the closer it came for him to pass. And along the lines of his physical appearance, to be honest I didn't want to create a monster that was similar to the description on Wiki down to the last detail. I wanted to keep the 'essence' of a preta in the form you see on the front page, but I also wanted to keep it open to interpretation for those who might be interested in a full fledged preta ghost character later on down the road.

So I guess we can say that the 'preta', while being 'seen' as an entity all by itself within Tomson, manifested from the part of him that hungered for more in his past life. This could explain why it influences him from time to time, and it could potentially cause some trauma to Tomson himself if he ever learns/theorizes that he is to blame for his own misfortunate in this afterlife. Maybe, instead of learning how to overcome the insatiable hunger he succumbs to it? Or there is a point where he has to choose whether or not to let the hunger pull him down or to control it's drive?

I hope all of that made sense? It has surely given me some ideas to think over. And if any of it it didn't make sense, I might just need to rethink the sub-species to fit his abilities/physical appearance!

Thanks again for the question!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:15 am
It makes sense!

One of the best things about the shop is that you can take something known in the lores and traditions of any type of society and make it your own. I feel like that's what you've done here, and you've really created something new out of it.

<3  

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Shia bean

Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:51 am
Yaay! I'm glad it did! And I'm glad the shop is the way it is! Flexibility certainly help to mold him, and I'm sure it'll help more people to do the same. >8 ) <333  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:51 pm
THIS IS STILL A THING. /coddles Tomson like the bby he is

srsly I need to go to bed wtf is wrong with me.  

Shia bean

Prophet

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas