Submit

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:57 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
I like it. It actually does look really good. I see a little tab of black reaching into the pistol grip... no point in having the safety on with an empty gun. Cocked and locked?
thanks.

and nah, just a loaded magazine.
(I doubt anyone in my family can figure out how an AR works with that type of charging handle)

doesnt need to be chambered and I dont wanna stress the hammer spring in the cocked position over time so I leave it that way

cant put it on safe unless I chamber it, which I believe to be more dangerous to others who might mess with it than to just leave it unchambered
Keeping the hammer back doesn't stress anything, really. Think of it this way... it's already all coiled up with pressure on it. Keeping the hammer down only keeps slightly less pressure on it, not no pressure.
I dunno. what it's in right now is the relaxed position. long periods of time out of that position will make a spring weaker
It's not relaxed though, it's just less compressed. If you take it out of the gun, it relaxes farther. If it doesn't, it's either a terrible design or a bad spring. Also, the whole thing is a fallacy anyway. It's not the relaxation or the compression that weakens a spring, it's the transition between the two.

+1
I can't really buy into the hammer argument. When you are at the range, look around at the old guys with their 50+ year old boomsticks. How do you think those things were stored over the summers?

@ Recon Ninja - You are trying to make me build a gun rack for my room now, aren't you.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:59 am
Man of the Demoneye
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
I like it. It actually does look really good. I see a little tab of black reaching into the pistol grip... no point in having the safety on with an empty gun. Cocked and locked?
thanks.

(I doubt anyone in my family can figure out how an AR works with that type of charging handle)

doesnt need to be chambered and I dont wanna stress the hammer spring in the cocked position over time so I leave it that way

cant put it on safe unless I chamber it, which I believe to be more dangerous to others who might mess with it than to just leave it unchambered
Keeping the hammer back doesn't stress anything, really. Think of it this way... it's already all coiled up with pressure on it. Keeping the hammer down only keeps slightly less pressure on it, not no pressure.
I dunno. what it's in right now is the relaxed position. long periods of time out of that position will make a spring weaker
It's not relaxed though, it's just less compressed. If you take it out of the gun, it relaxes farther. If it doesn't, it's either a terrible design or a bad spring. Also, the whole thing is a fallacy anyway. It's not the relaxation or the compression that weakens a spring, it's the transition between the two.

+1
I can't really buy into the hammer argument. When you are at the range, look around at the old guys with their 50+ year old boomsticks. How do you think those things were stored over the summers?

@ Recon Ninja - You are trying to make me build a gun rack for my room now, aren't you.
One of the oldest guns in the book is the double-barrel, and with an internal hammer, you can't empty the used shells out without re-cocking the springs.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:14 pm
Though my house is fairly secure I wish I was old enough to by a 4510 Taurus for my car's glovebox.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:54 pm
Man of the Demoneye
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
thanks.

+1

nobody except them know how they store their rifles.
it's still wisest when storing a weapon for it to be unloaded and no springs compressed.
long periods of time and temperature changes can make things conform more to the state they were left in

and lol why yes I am trying to make you get one.
actually I ordered that thingy.
it's called a gridwall panel and it makes a badass gun rack. I can put as many weapons as it will fit whenever I please

just make sure to buy some hook faceouts to go with it. maybe like a dozen of them for putting as much stuff as you want.
I bought a shelf for mine too.
fun stuff.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

CapitalistPleb

Thirteenth Capitalist

7,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:34 pm
I have 3 different plans for different times of the day if someone trys to break in, and I sleep with a pocket knife and a baseball bat  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:26 pm
Keys and my little kershaw Chive knife is always on me where I go.

My SKS and HP mag are close by when I am at home.  

SpeedmanRC

Conservative Hunter

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas