Welcome to Gaia! ::

Welcome to Nosgoth - a Legacy of Kain fanguild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Vampires, Raziel, Blood Omen, Soul Reaver, Eidos 

Reply The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum
About one of the Oracle's Cave puzzles...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seraphim Skye
Crew

Gambino Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:24 am
Speculation time!

As some of you know, I'm making it my mission to finish all the LoK games before the end of October and as I was just in the cave
I happened across a peculiar puzzle.
The one that resembles the clock set into the floor.
If anyone remembers, the symbols that are used are those of the different vampire clans.
The ones that open the door are Kain's, Zephon's and Melchiah's.
I was telling Turel about it while I was working on it and it was mentioned that maybe Kain had it put in place but as I progressed,
I remembered that the Chronoplast was around long before Kain and that there were images of the Ancients in set into sections of the walls.
So, who put that puzzle there?
And why were the clan symbols used?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:52 am
Being 'in character', I would have to say I really don't know and that I'd have to think about it for a while.

'Out of character', the game makers probably put them there because it looks cooler than having numbers on the floor.  

Bluetabbycat
Crew

Jeering Seeker

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:17 pm
My theory was that the Ancients used those symbols first and the sons merely adopted them. They may or may not know the origin of the symbols but liked them enough to use them.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:49 pm
*Pops in really quick with hugs for everyone* Hai guize! Not dead yet!

If I remember correctly, the symbols 'first' appeared on their Sarafan garments (except for Raziel, because there was no room for it among all that fancy shmancy patterny stuff). You can see them on their respective Dark Chronicle images.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They were marks from the brotherhood, which originated from Moebius. So they could be entirely his creation. I have no idea what they mean to Moebius, though.

As for Kain's symbol, it's very similar to Ancient Vampire imagery, so Moebius could have been influenced by that (note that their respective sarafan marks are surrounded by telekinesis runes :V), although I don't see how Kain would choose the exact same symbol to represent himself...

As an aside: While I was looking up the pictures, Dumah looks hilariously bugeyed here:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Scrab Demon

Seraphim Skye
Crew

Gambino Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:00 pm
Images be broken for me, I go check DC.
*poofs*

*poofs back*
Yay for bookmarks!
Thank you Scrab for that enlightening bit of information :3

Oh hey... the pictures are working now... XD  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:27 pm
User Image

Wasn't there one puzzle in BO2...
Oh, on your way to see the Bishop, there was a puzzle in the cemetary,
and Kain's crest was on the stones you had to push into the wall?

I've always wondered about that.

User Image

ArkRaptor
Crew

Seraphim Skye
Crew

Gambino Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:36 pm
Red Pyramid Kitty
User Image

Wasn't there one puzzle in BO2...
Oh, on your way to see the Bishop, there was a puzzle in the cemetary,
and Kain's crest was on the stones you had to push into the wall?

I've always wondered about that.

User Image

Yeah!
And I think the crest turned red or something... *goes to steal XBOX back from brother to check*  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:49 am
User Image

I'd replay it for a bit myself
if I wasn't already in the middle of Code Veronica.

User Image

ArkRaptor
Crew

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:02 pm
Well at one point all three races got along. When the religious war broke out between the Ancients and the Hylden the humans seemed to have been stuck in the middle. The god then goes to the humans.
The symbols could have something to do with the religion behind the Elder God or they were the vampires for other reasons.

The Ancients who lived tried to hunt down the human Pillar Guardians and vampiricize them when they were older. At some point Mortanius and Moebius were to be turned and they were not happy. Somehow the Hylden got involved, possessing Mortanius.
In Defiance we learn Mortanius res'd Kain in attempt to bring the pillars back to the vampires; the pillars were created for and by the vampires. Moebius at this point, along with Mortanius are probably a few hundred years old. Through the intervention of squid man and the Ancients Mortanius and Moebius become aware of these symbols. Mortanius would teach Kain and Moebius the sarafan.

On a side note I am looking up Sonic the Hedgehog while typing this and 'Moebius' has a different meaning.  
The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games