Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:37 pm
Hubby and I started talking about alternate endings, and I was reminded of a Blood Omen walkthrew I read a bit ago.

Text whited out for spoilers for those who haven't played BO1 and don't want to know.

Does anyone who's played it happen to know if there is in fact an alternate ending where Kain scarifies himself to restore the pillars?

From the script:
[ALTERNATE ENDING: Kain chooses to sacrifice himself to restore the Pillar of Balance and, in doing so, the world of Nosgoth.]

Ariel:
In his life he was unknown- a petty noble. In death he was unknown.
Yet by choosing oblivion he restored balance to the land.

Shades cast no shadows.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:47 pm
The SR1 alt. ending was quite similar. Raziel would kill Kain, the Reaver would take on a black and crimson hue, and he would show the human denizens of Nosgoth that Kain was dead. With their support, he would lead an army against the vampires, reactivating the Silent Cathedral's weapon to end it once and for all. The end! lol, that's why there's so much extra stuff in SR1 that isn't story-related...the game was originally supposed to go on after the Oracle's cave and the Chronoplast part.  

Silas Parrish

Dapper Genius

Seraphim Skye
Crew

Gambino Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:03 pm
Yeah, they showed Raziel with the blood colored Reaver in one of the little cutscenes while in the Oracle's Cave... I was wondering what that was about... I believe that he was supposed to fight Turel in SR also but they couldn't add it in because they ran out of time(lol) or money.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:42 pm
I remember reading that they ran outta time with SR1, which is why you can see walkways you can't get to no matter how many times you try to jump onto them.  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Silas Parrish

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:43 pm
Yeah. SR2 has a few things like that, as well. There exist cracked versions of both games that allow you to play the alternate versions of the story.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:07 pm
XD Apparently THIS is why everyone just knows the regular storyline. Otherwise it wouldn't have made the game as interesting.

Buuut. You gotta think, would Nosgoth REALLY be that much better?  

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Silas Parrish

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:27 pm
I like things the way they "happened," but it'd be cool to see how the alternate story arcs might have played out. You realize of course, that the game designers pulled most of the official story out of their asses, right? they made it up as they went along, and as their constraints permitted. That considered, I think the LoK series is one of the most compelling stories I've ever read into. The fact that it was made up on-the-fly made it even more awesome.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:32 pm
I have the plot for some insane AU story now in my head where Kain dies and meets the elder god and becomes a wraith...

Hmm Kain, the last living vampire dead? None to carry on the Vampric blood? None to carry on a tradition started back with the Ancients. None to remember the Hylden/Ancient battle? Kinda sad when you think about it.  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Silas Parrish

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:48 pm
See, here's the thing. The Ancients/Hylden story didn't exist when the series was first created. If the original story had been used, rather than the one we know and love...then they would have written a different backstory, completely. The stuff involving ancient races, time travel, and even the true nature of the Soul Reaver wasn't always part of the story. It was made up as the developers went along. It's a testament to how good this series is...most people would never know that none of the events were planned out.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:25 pm
Ah but what I'm thinking of isn't the storyline as contained in each game, dependent upon there being another game, rather the time line the games create by all of them being out as they are now. Taking everything we know as the 'viewers' to the story, situational irony I suppose if you will, and removing an action from the given story line.

Since all of the games have established a time line for us, if we go back, re-write one action of Kain's, how would that then effect the games as the characters see them, us already knowing how they should turn out.

(and if that doesn't make sense sorry, I'm sleep deprived atm)  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Silas Parrish

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:40 pm
I think I get you, now. Who knows how it'd be different? I'm sure there'd be a few vampires that Raziel missed across Nosgoth...we can't forget good ol' Janos Audron and Vorador. The both of them were resurrected at some point...maybe they're still around.  
The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games