Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]
[PRP] A Little Big Decision (Sliabh, Haruma)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:13 pm
User Image

She had thought a lot about the big lion with the gentle voice since she'd talked to him. In fact, she's talked quietly with her brother and sister during the times they were falling asleep. In fact, she'd stopped to talk with him briefly a few times since then, but something had been on her mind, growing more so by the day.

It was by no fault of her own that their new "mother" didn't feel like one to the cubs. They had all agreed about that, to some extent. To Haruma's mind, though, Sliabh's large frame, soft eyes, and kind nature felt more... well, more parently! The had talked it over together and come to a decision. Now it was time for Haruma to act as the message bearer.

Despite having the agreement of her siblings behind her, she found herself terribly nervous about going to him with this request, though. What if he said no? What if... what if he didn't want them? She knew it would crush all of them, but most especially her. Her little cubbie heart was already so tender and closely guarded, such a blow would surely destroy all faith she had in the pride and other lions.

Still, she was a brave girl, and faced her fears. With quivering whiskers and slow pawsteps, she made her way to the play area after all the other cubs had gone home. She thought she'd be likely to find him here, and she was unwilling to have others able to witness what to Haruma was an intensely private affair.

She was going to pick a father.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:39 pm
User Image

It had been a normal day for the large Guard, mostly. The rains had made his rounds particularly bleak, and a face off with a testy rogue male that had ended in a short but violent scuffle. The long, thin wound down his flank had scabbed over but cracked and oozed as he moved. It wasn't particular bad, just itchy and he kept stopping to bite at it.

Eventually his tour was over for that part of the day and he retired to the cub grounds. He enjoyed seeing the youngsters of the pride at play, it was a reminder of why he was there and why he did what he did... but also, of late there had been a new joy in his life.. one particular little cub of cream and chocolate fur and black stripes and gorgeous green eyes. Her calm and serious manner made him want to protect her and her siblings from the world, and more and more he found himself coming to lie under the old twisted branches of the tree where they had first met.

It was where he lay now, as the day slowly drew into evening, listening tot he quietude of the breeze and the far off sounds of the pride members as they began to settle in for the eve. Soon enough he heard something else, paw-steps, closer to him than most others. Lifting his massive head he turned, bright orange eyes settling on the young cub that was making her way to him.

A bright, delighted smile curled his maw as he watched her, moving up onto his elbows and looping his tail over his hindquarters. "Haruma." He greeter her with his low soft voice full of warmth and affection. After Eva'raja, Haruma meant the most to him within the pride's individuals.

He would have stood to greet her, but his size was so very large against her that he felt she was more at ease with him laying down. he still dwarfed the small cub, but at least they could speak with relative ease.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:59 pm
Though rarely a rambunctious or happy-go-lucky cub, Haruma's behavior was even more serious than usual. She padded up right in front of him and sat primly, tail curling about her paws. What was unusual is that she looked faintly nervous. Her tailtuft kept twitching and flicking across her forepaws, and for a moment or two, she stared at it with tense shoulders.

This was silly. She was braver than this! She could do it. She was reasonably sure he'd not turn her away, but how her small soul trembled at the thought! She took a deep breath and looked up into his eyes, unaware that her own were bright with unshed tears.

She opened her mouth to speak, but found she couldn't. A lump in her throat made it impossible to speak. With a great gulp she managed to swallow the lump, one paw catching the end of her tail and gripping it tightly. With another deep breath she tried again.

"Sliabh?" Her voice came out in an almost squeak, with both mortified her but also pushed her closer to tears. What was wrong with her? Why was this so important to her? Her little cubbie mind couldn't understand the needs of her own heart. She just couldn't grasp why having a father was so passionately important to her.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:32 pm

Instantly the dark-coated male was concerned, having grown to know Haruma at least a little bit, he could recognise that she was not wholly herself today, indeed, she seemed stressed over something. His gaze followed her as she settled in front of him, noting the unsettled manner with which she shifted. But it was her eyes and expression when she finally looked back up at him that gave him the biggest clues.

Lifting a paw he very carefully, very gently, extracted her tail tuft from the tight grip she had on it, then tenderly, so very slowly in case she didn't wish it, he slid his massive paw around her to draw her tiny figure against the thick fur of his chest. It was her eyes, so bright and shining and holding so much pain and fear, far more than any cub should possess, that left him unable to ignore it. Her silent voice cried out through that gaze and despite having always tried to let her keep that polite distance, he felt compelled to wrap her up in his strength, to protect he from all that was troubling her. While he knew it was likely impossible, he simply couldn't let her sit there with those silent tears and not reach out to her.

"I'm here Haruma.... what is it that is troubling you?" He murmured in a soft, gentle voice, his vocals low and thick, powerful yet so tender as he murmured softly to her. Massive furred neck arched over her protectively as he gently licked the tuft of fur on top of her head.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:46 pm
His embrace was unexpected to the little grown-up cub. She was unused to being comforted by anyone she was likely to accept it from. Most times her tight self-control did not permit such closeness. But this time was different. This time this closeness was what she was coming to ask him for! It was as if he knew already. She let herself be drawn to him, and buried her face against his fur.

For a moment her body shuddered against his paw in something akin to silent sobs, but that didn't last long. Soon she turned her muzzle so she could talk and be heard. Snuggling deep against his chest still, she spoke her heart, though it hurt to do so. "I want to stay with you. Right here,where I feel safe." She tipped her head back to see him peering down at her. "I... we... need someone who really loves us," she explained softly. "And someone we can love back." She gulped back another surge of anxiety and sorrow. She couldn't have said what made her so mournful, baffled by her own reactions but unable to deny them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:04 pm

Reassured with her tiny body pressing into the thick ruff of his coat, he dipped his head, nuzzling her gently as he held her close, muscular foreleg wrapped gently but protectively around her fragile little figure. As she shivered, he let a deep rumbling purr vibrate low in his chest, a sound that was more felt than heard where she cuddled against him as he tried to comfort her any way he could.

He had never seen her so distressed and it worried him so, concerned that something had happened to her or her siblings, all of who he had met and loved, though she was his special one. His fragile, delicate yet so very brave little cub.

Relaxing his grip a little but keeping his paw wrapped close round her body, he held her gently as she began to speak, gaze attentive and serous, giving her his full, undivided attention. Her words shocked him, not in a bad way, but that she was asking something he had never thought to hear. As the surprise wore off a warmth filled his chest, travailing all the way through him until he couldn't help but smile softly down at her.

"Then stay with me, I would love to have you with me Haruma. You and your siblings. You know I would do anything for you." He murmured softly, nuzzling her cheek with tenderness, amber gaze warm.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:21 pm
She couldn't help it. As he expressed his love and concern for her, and as he spoke the sweetest words she could have hoped to hear, her feelings got the best of her. Tears began rolling down her face, dimming her vision. So stirred was she, she nearly forgot her siblings had a stake in this as well.

"You'll... you'll be my daddy?" she stuttered in part-astonishment, part hope. She felt she could stand life's challenges if she had someone like Sliabh to go to, to shelter against, to give her heart to. Her voice dropped to a whisper. "I've never had a daddy." All the hope and fears of her small life stood in her teary eyes, her pain streaking down her face in wet lines that ran counter to her facial stripes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:32 pm

Her tears were expected but they still tore at his heart, drawing him to ease her closer against him, his hold protective, tender. Nuzzling the soft fur at the back of her neck he purred continuously, that deep, powerful rumble like underground thunder, his strength, his warmth, all of it surrounding her as he held her close.

"I will, it is an honour that you wish me to... I promise to protect you Haruma, always." Lifting his other foreleg to wrap round her he rested his furred cheek against her, tongue grazing over pale fur gently, trying to reassure her, to calm her.

"Shhhhhhh..." He murmured softly, comfortingly as she cried against him. "I'm here for you Haruma, I'll always be here... from now on."

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
It shocked her how good it felt to be embraced so warmly. It quite took her breath away to feel her walls crumbling in the knowledge that she had an adult she could rely on now. If only he knew how big a risk this was for her, it would have broken his heart. She trembled still, but snuggled trustingly against him. But as her equilibrium returned, her thoughts turned to others than just herself.

With a guilty squeeze of her heart, she realized she'd forgotten her siblings for a few moments. She seperated herself just a little from him to give him another serious look. "My siblings too? Not just me?" In so few words, she again weighed this as reality. Unspoken was a vow that if they could not be a part of this, she herself would not either. Wide, pleading eyes and a stiff upper lip enhanced her poised, controlled expectation. Surely he'd not turn them away. He was too wonderful to do something as unkind as deny her brother and sister his love as well. He was too wonderful to disregard how close the three siblings were. Her affection and caring for him teetered between simple love, leaning towards absolute adoration depending on his answer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:05 pm

Sliabh kept her close, that deep rumbling purr an undercurrent of strength. Only when she eased back did he loosen his grip, though didn't let her go completely as he gazed down at her, amber eyes soft with warmth and affection.

Her question made him tilt his heavily maned head though a smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. "Of course your siblings too.. why would I wish to split you from them? They are your family and important to you, and important to me." Studying her a moment he dipped his head and nuzzled her cheek reassuringly. "I am here for all of you, never fear otherwise Haruma."

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:21 pm
Thus reassured and in complete belief that there could be no other grown-up as wonderful and welcoming as her new daddy, she settled against him contentedly. Her siblings were safe with their nanny, so she allowed herself some time to enjoy and savor this moment of completeness.

She leaned against his chest, hearing his heart beat steadily beneath the pulse of his vibrating purr. The warmth of his paws about her, his gentle tongue grooming her, his breath gently wafting over her face... she relaxed slowly, muscle by muscle, until she was a limp puff of fur in his paws. Amazingly for this stand-offish little soul, she slid into sleep comfortably, cradled safe and sound by the new center of her world.

All was well, for once in her young life.

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games