gaiz, look what I found!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:29 pm
So while cleaning out the garage, I found this.

User Image

This is my dad, about 25 years ago, firing an Egyptian-built AK-47 that belonged to a guy who ran guns for a living. Apparently, although the gun only fired in semi-auto, the guy that owned it was so good that he could put the gun at his hip, squeeze the trigger so fast that the gun may as well have been in full-auto, and hit every single target by spraying when the other people had trouble hitting just one target.

This same guy also stashed his guns at my dad's apartment once, because he was holding a party and didn't want a bunch of drunken idiots playing with his guns. My grandpa was there, and he nearly s**t his pants when my dad and this guy walked in with armfuls of guns that are either illegal nowadays or very hard to obtain.

In unrelated news, I live less than a mile from Klingon Court and Romulan Court. These are actual street names here in Sacramento.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:40 pm
"put the gun at his hip, squeeze the trigger so fast that the gun may as well have been in full-auto"

it's a technique. it doesnt involve pulling the trigger, it involves pulling the weapon and letting the recoil reset the trigger. (it imitates full auto as it repeats so long as you keep pulling the weapon forward with a straight finger)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWet_9x6mcc&NR=1

its a form of bumpfiring, but it's not very accurate.

bump firing from the shoulder is far more accurate than bumping form the hip.
personally the way I bump is from the shoulder, but I do not pull the weapon forward like most people. I simply keep it tucked in (for accuracy and stability) and keep a straight finger bouncing it off the trigger as fast as possible by sort of fanning my hand.

its fun to do sometimes but I dont see much point for target shooting or applying it in defensive terms
anyways cool pic dude  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:29 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:27 pm
According to my dad, this guy definitely ran guns for a living. On that trip my dad got to fire that AK-47, the AR-15, a Galil, some Beretta rifle (possibly an AR70) and an Rk. 62. He said his favorites were the Galil and the Valmet, but he couldn't fire too many rounds from the 7.62mm rifles because apparently the ammo was hard to come by in the '80s.

I'm trying to figure that out myself.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:47 pm
Requiem in Mortis
According to my dad, this guy definitely ran guns for a living. On that trip my dad got to fire that AK-47, the AR-15, a Galil, some Beretta rifle (possibly an AR70) and an Rk. 62. He said his favorites were the Galil and the Valmet, but he couldn't fire too many rounds from the 7.62mm rifles because apparently the ammo was hard to come by in the '80s.

I'm trying to figure that out myself.
I ******** love valmets

if I ever see an m78 in 7.62x39 i'm snatching it up

one awesome rpk clone  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:43 pm
♪♫ Music speaks what cannot be expressed,
soothes the mind and gives it rest,

Why, may I ask, are you POSTING THIS ON THE INTERNET!!!? scream

heals the heart and makes it whole,
flows from heaven to the soul. ♪♫

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:12 pm
Chivalric Knight

What, is the Internet Police going to V& his house for a crime 25 years old? Normally I'd be on your side here, but I'm pretty sure the statute of limitations has long since passed.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:28 am
Chivalric Knight

Because this is from 25 years ago, these guns were all semi-auto and legal back then, my dad doesn't know the guy anymore, the BATFE won't come after me for this since they have better things to do and I honestly don't care if they do show up since no actual crime was committed?

Plus it's just a cool photo.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas