Your ideal MILITARY GRADE zombie killing kit? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:23 pm
  • Bushmaster ACR: With the proper kits, I'd never be out of ammo. Can't find 5.56mm? Load some .223 rounds. Wrong part of the world for that? Swap the barrel and lower receiver, load some 7.62x39mm rounds. Probably throw a M26 MASS on the bottom for CQC, breaching, etc, or an M320 with various grenade types.

• M1014: All the zombie-slaying fun of a 12-gauge, now in semi-automatic. I blame L4D for this one.

• USP .45 Tactical: Partly because I'm an H&K whore. If not this, then any .45 ACP that takes a suppressor. Hollow-points like the rifle.

• KM2000 and Tomahawk: Both for melee, and the tomahawk as a multipurpose tool.

• Explosives: Fragmentation grenades, Claymores, a few C4 charges, and some firecrackers for distraction, assuming the zombies rely on hearing. Have some way to arm and detonate the C4 charges all at once to make a suicide vest in the event of being overwhelmed.

• Food and Water: The essentials. Probably MREs, First Strike Rations or similar items that are designed to last and be cooked easily. CamelBak for water, with purifying tablets to make water drinkable.

• Two-Way Radio: Communications. Duh.

• Survival Kit: Compass, fire-starting kit, small tent, etc. Anything I'd need to survive out in the open.

• Mag-Lite: I'd probably carry a tac-light on each gun, but I'd carry this as a back-up. Also makes a great improvised melee weapon.

• Body Armor: Hopefully with added protection around the arms and legs, since that's where 90% of all bites seem to happen. Doesn't have to be terribly strong, just strong enough to stop a bite and possibly small-caliber rounds.

I'm sure there's more, but I'm about to pass out so I'll think of it tomorrow.  
  • PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:47 am
    Requiem in Mortis
  • Bushmaster ACR: With the proper kits, I'd never be out of ammo. Can't find 5.56mm? Load some .223 rounds. Wrong part of the world for that? Swap the barrel and lower receiver, load some 7.62x39mm rounds. Probably throw a M26 MASS on the bottom for CQC, breaching, etc, or an M320 with various grenade types.
  • Any 5.56 rifle will take .223 rounds. Not the other way around. And even then, in all but the most poorly-designed cases, it'll just have the effect of shortening bolt and barrel life.

And if you're going to be carrying around a second lower and barrel, might as well carry a second firearm, or ******** it, more ammo. Not to mention that, unless you're replacing the entire upper, you'll need to rezero all the sights every time you swap the caliber.

Modularity- it's just something else to jack the price up.  

Whence it Flows

Dangerous Elder

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
    • Happy Birthday! 100
    • Swap Meet 100
    • Bunny Spotter 50
    PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:50 am
    Pripyat Dawn
    Requiem in Mortis
  • Any 5.56 rifle will take .223 rounds. Not the other way around. And even then, in all but the most poorly-designed cases, it'll just have the effect of shortening bolt and barrel life.

And if you're going to be carrying around a second lower and barrel, might as well carry a second firearm, or ******** it, more ammo. Not to mention that, unless you're replacing the entire upper, you'll need to rezero all the sights every time you swap the caliber.

Modularity- it's just something else to jack the price up.

a pistol should be the only other caliber one should carry unless someone's got a masterkey or 203 mounted on their rifle.
    just ditch the whole multicaliber idea folks, switching calibers in the field just doesnt make sense.

and if someone come's up with the whole " im out of my own rounds, but found a different kind of ammo on some dead guys"
    90 percent of the time the ammo you find on a body is going to have a weapon that takes it next to it.

I agree with your statement ...I'd rather be carrying more magazines for the same weapon than carry several weapons or a bunch of little parts...  
    PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:57 am
    heres something to consider...instead of using body armor that stops bullets and offers little zombie protection like some guys are posting.

why not wear a full body shark suit under your clothes/gear?

you know, the bite proof suit intended for divers.

probably a lot lighter than .mil armor and offers way more protection...

User Image
    like this, except in OD, foliage green, or very dark grey
    I would wear this under my BDU's (most likely 5.11 clothes) and gear rig  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
    • Happy Birthday! 100
    • Swap Meet 100
    • Bunny Spotter 50

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:37 am
    Pripyat Dawn
    Requiem in Mortis

Modularity- it's just something else to jack the price up. I was quite aware that any 5.56mm gun will take .223.

I'll probably stick with the ACR, but just use 5.56mm/.223 if I'm in America or parts of the world where it's easy to obtain, and 7.62mm in other parts of the world.

Recon: I hadn't even thought of the shark suit. That might actually be a better idea. Most sharks have much stronger bites than humans, so it would certainly be effective against a zombie's bite. I'd probably still wear a light bulletproof vest over it, though, in case there are some crazy survivors with guns. Nothing fancy, just capable of stopping most pistol rounds and maybe small-caliber rifle rounds.  
    PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:34 pm
    In the interest of saving time, I'm jacking Requiem's kit and making a few mods. Sorry Requiem xp

• Galil SAR 5.56, 50rd mags or whatever is biggest. No drums please. It takes common ammo and mags that NATO already uses, so logistics won't be a huge problem.

• M9 9mm pistol. Again, logistics are already there. Plenty of mags and ammo. No need for a big cartridge if only headshots count anyways and .22 is just too unreliable

• Mark I trench knife and Tomahawk: Both for melee, the Mk1 has a smooth edge blade, brass knuckles and a pointed nut designed to crack skulls and the tomahawk as a multipurpose tool.

• Explosives: Fragmentation grenades, Claymores, a few C4 charges, and some firecrackers for distraction, assuming the zombies rely on hearing. Have some way to arm and detonate the C4 charges all at once to make a suicide vest in the event of being overwhelmed. I left this part in because of gangs/whathaveyou that might be encountered.

• Food and Water: The essentials. Probably MREs, First Strike Rations or similar items that are designed to last and be cooked easily. CamelBak for water, with purifying tablets to make water drinkable.

• Two-Way Radio: Communications. Duh.

• Survival Kit: Compass, fire-starting kit, small tent, etc. Anything I'd need to survive out in the open.

• Mag-Lite: I'd probably carry a tac-light on each gun, but I'd carry this as a back-up. Also makes a great improvised melee weapon.

• Body Armor: Shark suit, coated in something to make it less noisy and a bulletproof vest. Helmet that secures to suit in some way and a good pair of gloves also secured to suit.

Assuming we work in squads, there will need to be a designated marksman of some type with a Rem 700 in 7.62x51 or .300 win mag. Quality scope and bipod are a must.

Oh yeah, a suppressor on everything possible.  

• Man of the Demoneye

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
    • Tycoon 200
    • Happy Birthday! 100
    PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:48 pm
    Recon_Ninja_985
    heres something to consider...instead of using body armor that stops bullets and offers little zombie protection like some guys are posting.

User Image
    You might wanna put some instant ice packs in that suit before putting it on because you are going to cook in that thing unless you're underwater.  
    PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:13 pm
    Man of the Demoneye
  • M9 9mm pistol. Again, logistics are already there. Plenty of mags and ammo. No need for a big cartridge if only headshots count anyways and .22 is just too unreliable
  • Actually, headshots aren't the best idea.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
    • Happy Birthday! 100
    • Swap Meet 100
    • Bunny Spotter 50
    PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:59 pm
    HelloJohnnyBlade
    Recon_Ninja_985

User Image
    You might wanna put some instant ice packs in that suit before putting it on because you are going to cook in that thing unless you're underwater.
    its getting colder. i'd be more worried about freezing inside of it due to it appearing to be metallic...

already used to cooking inside acu's/IBA's and junk where rolling up sleeves is forbidden
    some other people on the GGE deal/ dealt with the same problem, the .mil folks out there at least.

I would imagine that a shark suit would be VERY breathing  
    PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:13 am
    Recon_Ninja_985
    HelloJohnnyBlade
    Recon_Ninja_985

User Image
    its getting colder. i'd be more worried about freezing inside of it due to it appearing to be metallic...

already used to cooking inside acu's/IBA's and junk where rolling up sleeves is forbidden
    some other people on the GGE deal/ dealt with the same problem, the .mil folks out there at least.

I'm pretty sure shark suits are dive suits and not just a layering suit to go over a wetsuit. I've never worn one but I can say it'd be illogical if it wasn't a dive suit on its own since moving in neopreen suits is very difficult. Adding another suit over it would make you a scarecrow underwater.

i'd imagine that shark suit would have a layer of neopreen inside to keep you warm so no worries on air temperature since wetsuits are designed for water temperature.

It's still a very good idea Recon but once you put on a snug neopreen suit that is damn near air tight you'll understand where I'm coming from on the ice pack idea.

If the gloves are too thick to fit through a trigger guard just buy a pair of metal gauntlets to fix that problem. The gauntlets would be more flexible.

That's my two cents and there you have the current champion in Zombie repellant full body armor.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
    • Tycoon 200
    • Happy Birthday! 100

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
    • Happy Birthday! 100
    • Swap Meet 100
    • Bunny Spotter 50
    PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:45 pm
    HelloJohnnyBlade
    Recon_Ninja_985
    HelloJohnnyBlade
    Recon_Ninja_985

User Image

I'm pretty sure shark suits are dive suits and not just a layering suit to go over a wetsuit. I've never worn one but I can say it'd be illogical if it wasn't a dive suit on its own since moving in neopreen suits is very difficult. Adding another suit over it would make you a scarecrow underwater.

i'd imagine that shark suit would have a layer of neopreen inside to keep you warm so no worries on air temperature since wetsuits are designed for water temperature.

It's still a very good idea Recon but once you put on a snug neopreen suit that is damn near air tight you'll understand where I'm coming from on the ice pack idea.

If the gloves are too thick to fit through a trigger guard just buy a pair of metal gauntlets to fix that problem. The gauntlets would be more flexible.

That's my two cents and there you have the current champion in Zombie repellant full body armor.
    they could always regear it a different way if its the UN that's supplying it...

another idea I have would be a carbon fiber hardsuit maybe with some other stuff at the torso for bullet protection
    oh, and it should have tiny slots along it so it could breathe better

just trying to find a good bite grip would be damn near impossible, and if they did, their teeth would eiter slide off it or their biting efforts would be futile

Im thinking along the lines of the area 51 game where they have the hazmat armor

surely the UN could manufacture a similar hardsuit for combating zombies
    if they can make it an actual sealed hazmat combat hardsuit then thats definitely a plus...beats using mopp gear in a zombie outbreak  
    PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:38 am
    Recon_Ninja_985
    HelloJohnnyBlade
    Recon_Ninja_985
    HelloJohnnyBlade
    Recon_Ninja_985

User Image

they could always regear it a different way if its the UN that's supplying it...

another idea I have would be a carbon fiber hardsuit maybe with some other stuff at the torso for bullet protection
    oh, and it should have tiny slots along it so it could breathe better

just trying to find a good bite grip would be damn near impossible, and if they did, their teeth would eiter slide off it or their biting efforts would be futile

Im thinking along the lines of the area 51 game where they have the hazmat armor

surely the UN could manufacture a similar hardsuit for combating zombies
    if they can make it an actual sealed hazmat combat hardsuit then thats definitely a plus...beats using mopp gear in a zombie outbreak
    *Facepalm* I completely forgot about the UN funding. The shark suit would be great in the other case of available civilian attainable gear.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
    • Tycoon 200
    • Happy Birthday! 100

Whence it Flows

Dangerous Elder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:41 pm
    Lighter than the shark suit would be a kevlar weave. You know, the stuff used for cut-resistant sleeves, that kind of thing.  
    PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:42 am
    Recon_Ninja_985
    Fresnel
    This thread needs moar DeLisle. Quiet as a b***h and Thompson effective. Maybe loaded with some of those ProMag drums, or modified to take Glock/Kriss mags. Perfect gun for operating quietly behind enemy lines FOR QUEHN AND COUNTRAH.
    maybe a modern rendition of a delisle

and maybe not bolt action

a book I have says the most noise you hear from it is the clicking of the weapon's parts when firing

put a silencer on anything that's .45acp (well except for revolvers) and youre good to go with no other concerns like switching ammunition.
    I like that all .45acp loads are already subsonic mrgreen
    Silencer
    It kinda defeats the purpose to make it semi. I might entertain a general changing of the action, though... maybe a lever? It's not a gun meant to be fired prone, so that might work, but I don't think that's quicker than an Enfield action. Enfield is a long-action bolt that cocks on closing (and after seeing how simple that is, I have no idea why it's done any other way), so there's no real effort put into working the bolt. You get the whole forward throw behind cocking. You only fight the spring for maybe the last 1/4".  

Fresnel
    Crew

Citizen

Artyom -Metro 2033-

Dangerous Raider

4,000 Points
    • Brandisher 100
    • Risky Lifestyle 100
    PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:38 am
    please note that all the guns would be spread out over the troops and not all in one person

FN FAL: easy to make and already see wide world use so ammo would never be a big problem and the 7.62x51mm NATO round is good for the gun it self would have 3 or 4 in one group

Mossberg 500:U.S.A shotgun for door breaching and close combat can fire a 12,20 gauge or a .410 bore like all shotguns it's ment to splater organs inside the person,thing shot at now think what that would do to the chest of a zombie at almost point blank range 1 or 2 in a group

MG 3:lets say your moveing and you run into a big hored of zombies set up this heavy gun and kill some as you team call for support or fires with you and if you have a walmart you have to keep zombie free just set up the biopod and your ready and i know it's heavy but it's easy to have more firepower than needed 1 to a group

Heckler & Koch MP5:a small gun yes but fast and deadly in good hands easy to find rounds and small so it could fit in the hardest to find places like a russian apartment or anywere were a FN FAL would have a hard time moveing fast 2 or 3 in a group

M132 Armored Flamethrower:i would have a torch and burn misson on the list in big citys the big building would be hard and deadly to clear out safely and if theres two many zombies on ground floor burn the house down 1 in a group

full body armor:like riot armor on every one

med kit

flashlight on gun or armor

food and water that can last 2 or 3 weeks

bowie knife:long and made for cutting whats better than that

Type 96 Wheeled Armored Personnel Carrier:if a 40 mm grenade launcher that is automatic kill the zombies the troops or the .50 caliber (12.7 mm) M-2HB machine gun will made for any type of place and can run right over them if have to

CH-54 Tarhe:this thing can carry a tank into a fight and two type 96APCs and if they fail bombs away  
    Zombies. Seriously.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff