Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Reading Room~* (discussions on books/authors)
Konstantinos

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LadyAmamizu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:50 pm
Have any of you read books by Konstantinos? Currently I'm reading "Nocturnal Witchcraft". It's quite interesting so far, but I wanted to hear other opinions regarding his work.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:53 am
I found that book fairly crap. Konstantinos is an arrogant wanker with nothing new to say. His shite is less informative or helpful than Cunningham and essentially he takes watered down repetitive stuff and turns out the lights. As if most witches don't hold rites in candlelight anyway (if they hold rites at all). Ridiculous.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

LadyAmamizu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:07 am
Hmm.. so far I haven't found anything that comes across as arrogant. Is it something just with his personality or is it reputation? I admit I don't know much about him. Just seemed like an interesting read.
He doesn't seem nearly as bad as someone like SRW. Perhaps you could elaborate on what you consider "watered-down bs"? I'll admit that i've been quite spiritually distant for years and am finally getting back to it. Looking for good resources to expand my knowledge. Perhaps you have recommendations?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:26 am
Konstantinos is one of those authors I argued with aloud while I read it. There is nothing of substance in his nocturnal witchcraft, and one of his other books appears to be exploiting lovecraft. Like... If you read Cunningham's two standing stones books, there's some meat to it. There's no meat in Konstantinos. He just skims stuff off everyone else's work, puts a patina off darque on it to exploit the gothy kids, and sells it off.

His writing voice always seemed very arrogant to me. And he screws around with the deities in his deities section. His whole attitude towards gods was very arrogant, actually.

What I'd recommend depends on what you're looking for. There's not much spirituality in konstantinos... But spirituality is a big area so I don't know what to recommend.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

LadyAmamizu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:37 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Konstantinos is one of those authors I argued with aloud while I read it. There is nothing of substance in his nocturnal witchcraft, and one of his other books appears to be exploiting lovecraft. Like... If you read Cunningham's two standing stones books, there's some meat to it. There's no meat in Konstantinos. He just skims stuff off everyone else's work, puts a patina off darque on it to exploit the gothy kids, and sells it off.

His writing voice always seemed very arrogant to me. And he screws around with the deities in his deities section. His whole attitude towards gods was very arrogant, actually.

What I'd recommend depends on what you're looking for. There's not much spirituality in konstantinos... But spirituality is a big area so I don't know what to recommend.

Yeah, he does have a very odd attitude towards gods. I did pick up on that. I also wondered if he was just trying to exploit the gothy types, considering the title and the way it was marketed. Still, I usually try to keep an open mind and give it a fair read. I totally understand your complaints about him. I'll give Cunningham a look.  
*~Reading Room~* (discussions on books/authors)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games