Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
The Juan Williams Firing

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:59 pm
Voice your thoughts on NPR's decision to fire Juan Williams over comments on Fox News' O'Reilley Factor.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:46 pm
The leader in "progress" in America just fired the only African-American on that news station and they will still say Fox News is full of racist hosts.  

II ninja5 II

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:34 pm
I just watched the clip yesterday. While I understand the president of NPR's point of view for the decision, I think it was an over reaction. I think he was voicing an opinion that a lot of us have. Not that it makes it right but I thought of his comment not as all Muslim's are racists, even though it can be thought of as that way, but as a 'what if' sort of fear. I'm not going to say he should get special treatment just because he was the only African American on there but I don't think he needed to be fired. A slap on the wrist would have been fine.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:43 pm
I've been so out of it...wow...Juan being fired...I agree with the 2nd post. NPR still has the guts to call FNC racist...

Angela Merkel was right: Mutliculturalism has failed (breeds hate and racism)

Political Correctness does too...  

Lord Izaran
Vice Captain

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

madgrunt117

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:12 pm
I was astonished when I heard about Juan's firing; what has America come to where you can't even voice your opinion without being fired? He had the first amendment right to freedom of speech just like any other person on the station.

Now, if this was a Liberal Democrat voicing HIS/HER opinion....that's a different story. NPR most definitely would have let it slide.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:31 am
Underworld Priestess
I just watched the clip yesterday. While I understand the president of NPR's point of view for the decision, I think it was an over reaction. I think he was voicing an opinion that a lot of us have. Not that it makes it right but I thought of his comment not as all Muslim's are racists, even though it can be thought of as that way, but as a 'what if' sort of fear. I'm not going to say he should get special treatment just because he was the only African American on there but I don't think he needed to be fired. A slap on the wrist would have been fine.

Agreed  

Darth_Akira72987

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items