Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Thoughts on the Mudslinging in Conneticut?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:21 pm
I know there is a lot of mudslinging in this years campaign. It seems to be worse, in my opinion, than previous years. I know one big story right now is the Senate race in Conneticut.
Linda Mcmahon vs. Richard Blumenthal.
There has been a lot of talk since she is the wife of Vince Mcmahon the World Wrestling Entertainment executive. It's gotten to the point where the Democrats even brought in Chris Benoit's father to testify against her. Benoit is the ex-wrestler who killed his family and then himself.
What do you all think of this race? Is it getting too dirty? Do you think the Democrats are hitting a little below the belt with this? What about the President's comments?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:56 am
I'm not so up on CT...but did anyone see the debate in Kentucky?

Conway should be ASHAMED of himself. You NEVER attack an opponent's religious views!  

Lord Izaran
Vice Captain

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:25 pm
I did not see anything on Kentucky but I completely agree with you. Religion should not be up for attack.

What annoyed me the most about Conneticut is that McMahon's opponent brough in Chris Benoit's dad. Which I think is a low blow anyhow. The way I look at it is, if someone chooses not to wear their seatbelt it is not the car manufacturer's fault if they die in an accident. Since I believe that the numerous amounts of concusions is what drove Benoit to do what he did, I don't think the fault solely falls on the WWE. Therefore, I disagree with the tool of this woman's husband's company caused Benoit to murder his family.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:56 am
I'm not sure if this is true or not but I also heard that an idea that came up for the election in Conneticut was that if anyone showed up wearing any piece of WWE merchandise, they'd be asked to turn back from the voting booths.

As for the Benoit tragedy, I believe there were a lot of contributing factors that led Benoit to murder his wife and son. Concussions were definitely a heavy factor as well as steroid abuse during his career. In a report, there was plenty of alcohol consumed on the night of the murders by both Chris and his wife and that can potentially lead to tragedies such as this.  

Darth_Akira72987

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Lord Izaran
Vice Captain

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:07 pm
Darth_Akira72987
I'm not sure if this is true or not but I also heard that an idea that came up for the election in Conneticut was that if anyone showed up wearing any piece of WWE merchandise, they'd be asked to turn back from the voting booths.

As for the Benoit tragedy, I believe there were a lot of contributing factors that led Benoit to murder his wife and son. Concussions were definitely a heavy factor as well as steroid abuse during his career. In a report, there was plenty of alcohol consumed on the night of the murders by both Chris and his wife and that can potentially lead to tragedies such as this.

Idk who this Chris Benoit person is, but he sounds mighty stupid...anyway

Who came up with that idea? You DO know it's a violation of the 1st and 14th Amendments right?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:32 pm
Lord Izaran
Darth_Akira72987

Idk who this Chris Benoit person is, but he sounds mighty stupid...anyway

Who came up with that idea? You DO know it's a violation of the 1st and 14th Amendments right?

A former wrestler... Who murdered his wife, his son, and then himself.

Like I said, I wasn't sure if it was true or not. Now then, after looking for an article on the subject to further understand why anyone would come up with such a ridiculous idea, heres one.  

Darth_Akira72987

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Lord Izaran
Vice Captain

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:29 pm
We can settle the issue on Rand Paul...56% of the Vote for Senate in KY.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:15 am
Sorry, I was offline for a few days.
But yes they were told that if they wore WWE shirts to the polling place they would be turned away and not allowed to vote.
Linda lost anyway, but I thought the whole things was ridiculous and such a dirty match.

Thanks for the article, btw.  

Underworld Priestess

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces