Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:36 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
how many AK's do you know of that are integrally suppressed with a huge suppressor as a base product?

they might not be the only ones selling suppressed AK47s
ya never know
How many Barbie Jeeps do you know that can go FIFTEEN MILES AN HOUR?

So it's the best in its class. Still a shitty class. Rifle-caliber weapons were never meant to be suppressed, people just do that s**t. It doesn't work well.

As for sound in the video, it's taken off a camera. Those things change the volume drastically. Watch the suppressed Anzio 20mm video... it SOUNDS just a bit louder than a .22, but do you REALLY think a bullet almost an inch in diameter and traveling well over three times the speed of sound is that quiet?
you can hear the man talking as he fires the weapon
that gives an idea.

if you think suppressing a rifle is ridiculous then you dont understand why people suppress rifles and how it's both easy on hearing and tactically advantageous in more ways than one.

I dont care that it's firing standard ball ammo,
making the weapon completely noiseless was not their goal.
remember that it's a suppressor, not a silencer.

I would suppress a rifle because I'm satisfied with the level of noise reduction.
my only concern is significant noise reduction from the weapon not the bullet, if it can be noiseless then great but that can be asking for too much .

if a super sonic crack is all your enemy hears when bullets are flying near them it can become extremely confusing as to exactly where they are coming from. not perfect I know but better than unsuppressed.
you gotta think about how close the bullet would have to be to them since it is going faster than sound until they hear it.

and to put it out there, I agree that silencing something is better than suppressing. but I wouldn't do it as the cost of using specialized subsonic ammo or using a pistol caliber in a long gun.
one takes away proper cycling and the other is lacking in power over range.
if thats the price I have to pay then I'd rather put up with a little noise while getting full function and power.
I think you fail to understand exactly HOW loud a bullet is. Standing a THOUSAND yards downrange, where the gunshot itself is naught but a dull thud, the crack of a .308 or a 6.5-284 is still loud enough to be physically painful. Suppressing a rifle, especially an AR, lowers the crack from EARS ARE BLEEDING OH MY ******** painful to GODDAMMIT OW painful, neither of which I wish to experience, and a $200 pair of Dillon electronic headphones will last longer and are a thousand times more effective than a suppressor. Unless you can drop the gunshot below the hearing-safe limit, or a suppressor is REQUIRED to make the gun even possible to stand near, hearing protection or no, (which I can only imagine in massive rifles), I don't see any real point in it, certainly not ~$800 worth of point.
youve been shot at?

anyways, I will tell you how loud it is as soon as june rolls around. or if theres another event that is sooner.

OR even sooner if I can call them up and ask for a demo and feel like driving to baton rouge.
Close enough to.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You stand there, in "the Pits", while the shooters fire at the target over your head. When your target is hit, you pull it down, mark the hole with a 4" reversible disk (black on white or white on black), mark the score by putting a 6" red disk in the appropriate o'clock position, and throw it back up. In high power, 1/3 of your time is shooting, 1/3 scoring, and 1/3 pulling targets in the pits. In long-range, you can get people to pay you. Going rate is around $20/shooter (usually $60/day at that point, 7AM-2/3PM, usually). Used to do that for fast cash. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:55 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
how many AK's do you know of that are integrally suppressed with a huge suppressor as a base product?

they might not be the only ones selling suppressed AK47s
ya never know
How many Barbie Jeeps do you know that can go FIFTEEN MILES AN HOUR?

So it's the best in its class. Still a shitty class. Rifle-caliber weapons were never meant to be suppressed, people just do that s**t. It doesn't work well.

As for sound in the video, it's taken off a camera. Those things change the volume drastically. Watch the suppressed Anzio 20mm video... it SOUNDS just a bit louder than a .22, but do you REALLY think a bullet almost an inch in diameter and traveling well over three times the speed of sound is that quiet?
that gives an idea.

if you think suppressing a rifle is ridiculous then you dont understand why people suppress rifles and how it's both easy on hearing and tactically advantageous in more ways than one.

I would suppress a rifle because I'm satisfied with the level of noise reduction.
my only concern is significant noise reduction from the weapon not the bullet, if it can be noiseless then great but that can be asking for too much .

if a super sonic crack is all your enemy hears when bullets are flying near them it can become extremely confusing as to exactly where they are coming from. not perfect I know but better than unsuppressed.
you gotta think about how close the bullet would have to be to them since it is going faster than sound until they hear it.

and to put it out there, I agree that silencing something is better than suppressing. but I wouldn't do it as the cost of using specialized subsonic ammo or using a pistol caliber in a long gun.
if thats the price I have to pay then I'd rather put up with a little noise while getting full function and power.
I think you fail to understand exactly HOW loud a bullet is. Standing a THOUSAND yards downrange, where the gunshot itself is naught but a dull thud, the crack of a .308 or a 6.5-284 is still loud enough to be physically painful. Suppressing a rifle, especially an AR, lowers the crack from EARS ARE BLEEDING OH MY ******** painful to GODDAMMIT OW painful, neither of which I wish to experience, and a $200 pair of Dillon electronic headphones will last longer and are a thousand times more effective than a suppressor. Unless you can drop the gunshot below the hearing-safe limit, or a suppressor is REQUIRED to make the gun even possible to stand near, hearing protection or no, (which I can only imagine in massive rifles), I don't see any real point in it, certainly not ~$800 worth of point.
youve been shot at?

anyways, I will tell you how loud it is as soon as june rolls around. or if theres another event that is sooner.

OR even sooner if I can call them up and ask for a demo and feel like driving to baton rouge.
Close enough to.

You stand there, in "the Pits", while the shooters fire at the target over your head. When your target is hit, you pull it down, mark the hole with a 4" reversible disk (black on white or white on black), mark the score by putting a 6" red disk in the appropriate o'clock position, and throw it back up. In high power, 1/3 of your time is shooting, 1/3 scoring, and 1/3 pulling targets in the pits. In long-range, you can get people to pay you. Going rate is around $20/shooter (usually $60/day at that point, 7AM-2/3PM, usually). Used to do that for fast cash. mrgreen
xp munneh

yes but what I meant was is thats like the only way to really hear it.

I havent been either but night infiltration course is close enough to it also.
prettyful laser beam looking bullets flying overhead mrgreen  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:40 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
that gives an idea.

youve been shot at?

Close enough to.

xp munneh

yes but what I meant was is thats like the only way to really hear it.

I havent been either but night infiltration course is close enough to it also.
prettyful laser beam looking bullets flying overhead mrgreen
I think you misunderstand exactly how the pits work. You stand behind twenty feet of dirt and cement, and bullets whizz ten feet over your head. Occasionally, there are... casualties, of a sort. One guy put a round into the target frame, and it exited through a mending plate. That one hit me in the cheek with a shard of steel. Another adventure through the upright put a dent in some idiot's roof (we told him not to park there twice). Another time, a .45 from the pistol range next door fell in the lap of the guy I was talking to, and seconds later, a second hit me in the boot. Rather often a person puts the second bullet in exactly the same place, and hits the plastic spindle, sending plastic shards everywhere. Eye protection is mandatory for a reason. Hats are strongly recommended.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:39 pm
idk if working the pit would be a thing I would do. corse this must be a range that is over 500yds?

the only time i've seen a piratical use for "low" noise would be those sub sonic primer only 22, great for those rodents around town cause it's no louder then most air rifles.  

SpeedmanRC

Conservative Hunter

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:45 pm
SpeedmanRC
idk if working the pit would be a thing I would do. corse this must be a range that is over 500yds?

the only time i've seen a piratical use for "low" noise would be those sub sonic primer only 22, great for those rodents around town cause it's no louder then most air rifles.
Long Range and Palma are generally the shooters that pay... Palma is 800-900-1000 yards, Long Range is all at the 1000 yard line. The bullets are all still supersonic, though, and it's a mix of 6.5-284 Norma, .308, .30-06, and .223. And yeah, 90gr. .223s loaded to case-popping pressures are getting rather popular for long-range shooting.

As for .22 subsonics, I don't see why you don't just buy a magnum air rifle and get it over with. Now that I've got my .177 sighted in, I'd trust it to kill anything a .22 Short would kill.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:35 pm
SpeedmanRC

I shoot those .22 CB caps all the time

one of my favorites since I can just go into my back yard with them.
I also use them to kill rats that my sister's snake wont eat.

only problem I have noticed. theyre loud out of a .22 revolver.
not as loud as a firecracker but just a little loud

and perfectly quiet out of my .22 AR15 conversion kit so long as I cover up the magazine well portion with my hand  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers