Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
I Want to Meditate again, But...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:34 am
I have the feeling like I'm not myself lately. Moody as hell, Stressed out. Say one wrong thing, and I explode. It all happened since school started.

So I thought meditating would help me to get more relaxed and calm.

There is one little problem. I can't concentrate. My mind wanders off to anything random thought that pops up into my head. I'm impatient. I used stones to help me focus/relax. But yea, I have two young cats walking around, who love anything that is small.

Also, Question number 2;

How can I introduce magic to my cats?
I know it probably sounds strange, but I would love to introduce my cats to magic/witchcraft. They're actually always around, but I can't use things to make a circle, like candles or anything. Without having two cats being too curious. I found candles too dangerous with them around, so I tried stones. But the cats decided it was better to play with them. I can't concentrate like that, but I don't want to lock them up either.

It's like they're trying to say "This is wrong".  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:32 am
Quote:
Or they could just be kittens being kittens. Every young cat will play with small objects. If you want them to leave you alone while you're performing rituals tire them out first. Pull out they're favorite toy play long, play hard. Eventually they'll get tired and want to take a nap. Now do your rituals, simple as that. Works for my 3 cats every time.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:17 am
Perhaps try a more active type of meditation? You can take a walk and focus your mind on your steps or your breathing.

I've also found that sometimes, when my mind just doesn't want to stay still at all, that if I sit still and let my mind wander, I come out of it more calm.

Most of the time though, I find that just keeping my focus on my breathing works pretty well. My mind might flit off, but the the next breath gives me something to bring it back to.

I don't always use physical objects to mark the boundaries of my circle. My cats normally don't mess with my things, whether it is candles or stones...although almost any paper or book I put on the floor, within a minute or two there will be a cat laying on it.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:26 am
Shearaha
Quote:
Or they could just be kittens being kittens. Every young cat will play with small objects. If you want them to leave you alone while you're performing rituals tire them out first. Pull out they're favorite toy play long, play hard. Eventually they'll get tired and want to take a nap. Now do your rituals, simple as that. Works for my 3 cats every time.

Maybe you're right. I could always give that a try.

kyndryana3

I don't always use physical objects to mark the boundaries of my circle. My cats normally don't mess with my things, whether it is candles or stones...although almost any paper or book I put on the floor, within a minute or two there will be a cat laying on it.

Everything that end up on the floor here, is seen as an object to play with. xD

Stones, candles, anything. It makes them even more curious to see if they play with it.  

pompoennetje

Ritual at Dusk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:29 pm
whenever I cant concentrate, in order to get myself into my deepest meditative state I start by lighting some candles and turning out the lights, maybe try some incense or aroma therapy and get comfortable on my bed, lots of pillows to sink into and then I start by relaxing every part of my body, starting with my eyes and nose and ending with my toes. Try and feel almost a tingling sensation come over your entire body, one section at a time as if your whole body is asleep but not your mind. This helps you get int oa state to meditate with more ease. Then count down from 12 to 1, picturing every number in your head until you can see it, maybe try to trace it with your mind and then move down to the next number. Once you get to 1, then start back at 13 and do the same again. Having you focused on something like picturing the numbers help keep your mind from wandering. Once you get to 1, then if you did this correctly you should be in your deepest meditative state.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:54 am
I should really try that. I always try to relax my body like that if I can't sleep.  

pompoennetje

Keala Kai

Romantic Tycoon

3,900 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:53 am
I find meditating outdoors a better bet than indoors myself. Just pull out a blanket or chair and just sit out and injoy the beautiful days. If anyone ever asked me what im doing, i just say enjoying the day. They dont have to know what you are truly doing.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games