Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Reading Room~* (discussions on books/authors)
D.J. Conway

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Viz_22

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:04 pm
I read Dancing with Dragons and found that while there was some interesting information, the tone of the writing wasn't something I was a fan of.

I noticed that she's listed as an author to steer clear of, and I was wondering if her tone sounding similar to RavenWolf (I read one page of Teen Witch and couldn't stand it) was why. Or is it just that she doesn't present good and useful information?

Just curious about what you think on Conway.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:18 pm
It's mostly because of her books "Celtic Magic" and "Norse Magic", and the extremely poor quality of the information they provide. Because of the poor quality of these books, I for one consider her someone exploiting traditions and cultures she apparently has next to no knowledge of in order to make a buck. (Or for her own satisfaction, which frankly is worse still.) As a result, regardless of the quality of her other books (I hear they aren't great) I wouldn't recommend her. She's not honest or respectable.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Viz_22

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:17 am
Yeah, I didn't get great feelings about the book I read. I just picked out the most interesting tid-bits that appealed to me. I don't think I'll be seeking out her other books since you say they don't have great information.  
*~Reading Room~* (discussions on books/authors)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games