Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:08 am
From a non biased point of view Obama has done a lot. It is still too early to tell whether any of the things are good or bad. In my (and most professionals) opinion, you need to wait 20 years after the president left office to be able to tell whether he did a good or bad job.

To give an example... Lincoln was thought to be a tyrant for many years because he suspended habeas corpus for many people. However... Lincoln is now one of the top 5 presidents for what he successfully did in office.

Presidents are generally "graded" on 3 things and how well they did them. Responding to crises, utilizing office for the good of the people, leaving nation better off. So far Obama HAS responded to a crisis... for good or bad is yet to be seen because its still too early!

I personally did not vote for Obama but as the president of the USA I support him because the majority of the nation I live in did.

To settle any rumor, click the following URL. It is accurate information on Obama and any rumor made about him.
Snopes.com  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:47 pm
Foxifyre
In my (and most professionals) opinion, you need to wait 20 years after the president left office to be able to tell whether he did a good or bad job.

But can we all at least agree that Bush was a sucky president right now? sad

Foxifyre
To give an example... Lincoln was thought to be a tyrant for many years because he suspended habeas corpus for many people. However... Lincoln is now one of the top 5 presidents for what he successfully did in office.

He also gave small pocks infected blankets to Native Americans.

But he might have been gay, so I'm torn. sad  

Garek Maxwell

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:40 pm
GUYS, GUYS.

OBAMA IS A LIZARD gonk

http://www.hiddencodes.com/obama/index.htm  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:53 am
Omg, generic drama is generic.

When Nixon was in office, everyone hated him for being so radical,
but now that he's gone, good lord were we glad to have him when we did.

Obama is out president, deal with it. If you honestly think he's that bad, get all the other people who hate him, and go and throw him out of office.

Maybe you can run this nation, and try to please 300 million people,
5/6 of them being the generic type of American we all know will hate
anyone who got elected no matter what.  

Lyro Alathan

6,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Junior 100

Jungle Boots

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:59 am
Lyro Alathan
Omg, generic drama is generic.

When Nixon was in office, everyone hated him for being so radical,
but now that he's gone, good lord were we glad to have him when we did.

Obama is out president, deal with it. If you honestly think he's that bad, get all the other people who hate him, and go and throw him out of office.

i really wouldnt consider this thread very dramatic at all.

not to offend your concept of a good president or anything...

but im pretty sure Nixon has gone down in american history as one of our least appreciated (possibly one of our worst) presidents. you know... the whole watergate scandal and all...

but im sure some people like him, and thats their perogative.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:29 pm
Lyro Alathan

The key is to not be elected. Join me, and I can rule with an iron, yet benevolent, fist! I'll clutch flowers or something while pressing big red buttons and laughing maniacally.

It's okay too, you'll probably like me as El Presidente. I'll curse at politicians and tell off fundies on international television.  

Garek Maxwell

Jungle Boots

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:06 pm
[-Erik-]
GUYS, GUYS.

OBAMA IS A LIZARD gonk

http://www.hiddencodes.com/obama/index.htm

wait... hebrew has a word that translates to Obama?

also i find the bit about the speculum a little more concerning than obama being a reptile...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:32 am
We are DOOMED 8U  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Ulric Kessler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:40 am
If you don't expect much from your leaders, you won't be so let down. I tend to view things this way. Personally I believe this country is dying, no nation lasts forever after all. As much as we'd like to believe that our country will always be here, I'd say we've probably got another 50-100 years max.

It's not entirely due in part to failed political dealings, wars, unemployment, etc. It's just another natural cycle of things.

Getting back onto point, I know it's sad to see our representitives as a people turning on each or abusing their "given" power. It's funny how alot of politicians really seem to forget that we 'gave' them their power. Honostly though, this kind of thing is nothing new, as long as any form of government has existed, there has always been the bickering and infighting, lets not forget the corruption.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:52 am
guitargod4900
diddnt even click the link. obama's done great. it's a horrable travesty that the republicans won the mid-terms.

I agree. 3nodding  

sailor hamster

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:57 am
cut our hours is what hes done  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:21 pm
Deaths kitsune
cut our hours is what hes done

Obama can hardly be blamed for business and government cuts in working hours. You have congress to blame for the most part, since congress holds the purse strings and if a local government can't afford to pay it's workers then it has to cut jobs or hours.

Companies are similar, except you have share holders to blame the most. Share holders want profits at all costs, with no concern to consequences or the impact of their demands. They're not invisible puppet masters, but they're part of a cycle that makes things worse. CEO's are kinda at their mercy, if such a thing could be said. They're a part of the problem for sure, but all the focus on executives with high pay cutting jobs is nothing compared to the share holders.

Not surprisingly, you have share holders to blame for most poor products as well. It's not that the company always wants to produce crappy goods, but when you got people looking to squeeze out every dime from something, you end up with situations like in the gaming industry with EA messing with franchises.

I could go on further, but that's the jist. There's many people to blame really. The president hardly did much of anything to cause that. Probably at most his charisma influenced people...probably.  

Garek Maxwell

Insanely Insane-x

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:30 pm
He has stopped using cigars for almost a year.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff