Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
So, Can you actually practice to see ghosts or anything? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

numeera

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:12 pm
I have a friend who can sense them, and see them sometimes. Her mom can too, but she's repressed her ability over the years. I've tried, but haven't been able to sense them. I wonder if that'll change as I continue my studies/practice.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:58 am
Maybe it's the result of watching too many ghost hunting shows like Ghost Adventures, but I would be kinda scared if I could see or hear ghosts. The "negative entities" especially creep me out sweatdrop  

xMoonlitShadowsx

Romantic Vampire

5,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50

MercurialInK

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:21 pm
I've never seen a ghost, but then, I've never wanted to. Even the more positive ones sound creepy as all hell. Though I wonder... Do people tend to catch one kind of feeling from ghosts? (Like do some people only wander across negative, heinous ghosts, while other people only see happier ones?)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:26 pm
I feel that everyone has the ability to commune with the dead, so to speak.
It all deals with our fears and our willingness to open ourselves up to it.
When I was little, 8 years old, I saw my grandmother's ghost the eve of the day that she died. It terrified me, to say the least. I saw her again in the backseat of our neighbor's car. She was just watching me. The neighbor didn't notice.
That scared me as well, so much so that I never spoke of it until later in life.
That sighting of her was my last, though.
I now fear the dark, the quiet, being the only one awake at night because I 'feel' something in our house. It's not bad but it terrifies me.
I feel it's because I have a fear of the unknown. I wish I could rid myself of it and be able to communicate with whoever it is that's in our home but I can't. And that's probably why I never see anything.
But I know that I have the ability to do so were it not for my being so scared of what, or more specifically, who is out there.

Sorry for the rambling text. I'm a little out of it today. :/  

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Tipsy 100

Phoebe Majere

Questionable Sex Symbol

9,325 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:36 pm
Just remember, regardless if you can see them or not, to guard yourself and keep your walls up lest a negative entity wants to bully you.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:01 am
I've seen one ghost that I definitely didn't want to, but everyone else did, so I suppose that's how that happened. I saw my grandma the day after she died, which I have to admit comforted me since I hadn't gotten to see her in the last 3 months before it. Seeing ghosts isn't normal for me though. I hear them and sense them. Normally it isn't so bad. I've gotten used to it, and it actually 9 times out of 10 it's a benevolent or neutral ghost/spirit (at least for me). The 1 out of 10 though is what freaks me out.

However, one of the houses I grew up in was a nightmare for me. Something bad happened down in the basement (house is over 100 years old, so no clue what or when), and the spirit/ghost had this awful vibe to it. No one in my family could stand being in basement for more than a few minutes, it just all felt wrong. She liked to bother me though. Noises out of nowhere, following me around, it was bad enough that even my non-believer dad knew she was there.

As for people in general, I think everyone has some sensitivity. Wanting or not doesn't, at least I don't think, influence it at all. It seems to me that some people just have an affinity for sensing, or hearing or seeing. And some people may have unconsciously or consciously blocked all sensitivity to the ghosts.  

Bunny Hermione

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:04 am
I find ghosts pretty boring. I mean...they're just people, and I don't like people. Being dead doesn't really change that.

They're just another form of spirit to me. I have encountered them, and I know I will again, but I don't go looking for them. I don't see the point in 'hunting' such things - showing up in their spaces and trying to either rile them up to manifest or get rid of them is totally a d**k move.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games