User Image

She was a smaller female, taking after her mother. She wasnt quite full sized, but she knew enough to know she wouldnt get
a whole lot bigger. She was okay with that after all.. Why would she need to be a large lioness? Nobles didnt have to be large..they were already powerful and looked up to.
She looked down at her pelt, and thought herself entirely too lucky. She was black, with purple glowing markings dotting her body. Both her parents carried those marks, and yet.. she still looked
different than they did.
For someone whose parents had a cub that wasnt of noble color, she wondered why they were so against being friends with the peasants. She thought to Mauwi and a smile graced her features.
She liked him, not that that was a good thing.. Mauwi was an artisan, and though he filled her life with happiness...he also had none of the colors her parents were looking for. They wanted their daughter to live
among the nobles.. If she took Mauwi as a mate, she knew very well she'd have to live with him, and away from the court life. Taking a deep breath, she shook her head. She had to find Mauwi. She just had to. He could make her feel better. Something inside told her so.
Her paws carried her quickly out of the courts, and she was soon in the huts and caves of the working class. He wouldnt be hard to find, he usually didnt leave his den that he had been working in since he was just a cub.
"Mauwi?" She called, her voice still a whisper.

The soft pink colored male with the dark pink spots had finally finished the bracelet he had made for his friend. He had worked a long time on it, and in between other commissions from others. He was only allowed to work on this one on his own time. After all
he was not being paid for it, and the one he apprenticed from, wouldnt allow working for nothing. He looked down at it proudly, and beamed. The string was really just twigs stripped down to make them more useable, and he had managed to find a few shells and rocks that caught his attention. He had placed
a lily flower right in the center, and he nodded. He was done, and he couldnt wait to give it to her. He had spoken to his father about her, and though his father supported the male being in love.. he had warned him of the issues that might cause.
Dai'zee was his best friend, and unsure if she felt the same, he was really sure it could end badly if she did not. Not to mention his pelt did not qualify for the noble ranks that she belonged to. His lime greens and pinks just didnt fit the bill, no matter how pretty sure said his colors were.
He stood, stretching his body out, his claws unsheathing as his tongue curled from his maw. Once he stood, his ears perked, and he hastened to the front of the den.

"Dai'zee?" He asked, looking out. The moon was out in full shine, and she was hidden in the darkness, save for her purple markings that seemed to glow when she emerged. She had snuck out to see him again and he grinned. He was slightly older than her, he was full grown, and his friend was still an adolescent.
But that didnt stop the way he felt.

"What are you doing out here?" He asked, looking at her with concern. Hopefully everything was okay.

When he emerged from the den, she felt her heart skip a beat. She knew she loved him, whether it was right or not.. She couldnt help herself. It hadnt been something she had planned..After all, as a cub, she had no concern for love or mates, and
he just happened to be the first one there when she did feel that need. She gave a smile, hastening her steps until she was right next to him. Nuzzling into his neck, she smiled up at him.
Normally she didnt have to hide in the darkness, but since she had told her family how she felt, they had stopped allowing such playful meetings with the male.

"I knew Id find you here." She teased, pushing against him with a paw against his muzzle. God had she missed him. She had this pang in her heart when looking into his eyes. She was meant to be his. She knew it.
"How are you?" She asked, sitting, and curlingher tail around his paws.

She nuzzled into him and he smiled, a purr emitting from his throat. This was closer than she usually got, but he didnt argue it. He actually truly liked the attention. He nuzzled the top of her head and sighed.
"I dont ever leave. Otherwise you wouldnt be able to find me. Couldnt have that, could we?" He asked, chuckling in his throat. His dark pink paws trying to keep still as his heart beat like crazy. What the hell did he do now? He couldnt
give her the love he wanted to, and he certainly couldnt make the first move. He couldnt be the one to put the moves on the noble girl, otherwise it was his fault..and whatever happened, she could loathe him eventually.

"Im good. I missed you. I dont know that I like the seperation. We used to be together every day." He said with a smile. He wasnt lying either. They had been almost inseperable. Now they were hardly ever together.
His tail swished back and forth, and flicked her gently in the rump. He winked, and then chuckled again before sighing once more.

"How are you? Hows your family?"

She shook her head, not really wanting to speak of her family. It just reminded her that she was supposed to be with a royal. After all.. She wanted to think that she was a regular lioness for the time being. She shook her head, indicating she wasnt wanting to talk about it.
"Lets just forget about my family right now.." She whispered. She put her head under his chin and sighed.

"I want to sit here, and pretend that we are alone..and the only ones in the world."
She put herself against his chest, resting her body against his. She loved him, and she couldnt tell him..Not yet. She was far too different right? She sighed, clearing her head.
With that, she sat in silence and just listened to the sound of Mauwi breathe..and his heartbeat beating against her shoulder. She was where she wanted to be..and nothing could change that.