Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
My Path

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:57 pm
I will be holding Eclectic Wiccan as my title, soon. But I still need to study a lot more and brush up on what that title specifically means.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:55 pm
Azareas Aquarinus
I will be holding Eclectic Wiccan as my title, soon. But I still need to study a lot more and brush up on what that title specifically means.

Have you read the sticky at the front of the guild?
A lot of people who have worked very hard to earn that title feel hurt or frustrated when people take the title for themselves.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

ncsweet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:09 pm
As Esiris mentioned there is the Use of the Word Wicca sticky, and more recently we had the Solitary Eclectic Wiccans... thread that covered quite a bit of the same.

I really suggest that you read through those carefully before choosing to call yourself Wiccan, if you have not been initiated via a lineaged Coven.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:23 pm
Azareas Aquarinus

The title "eclectic Wiccan" doesn't itself mean anything - that is, the terms contradict one another; it doesn't make sense wink If you read the sticky Sweet has linked for you, you'll learn why in more detail.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:53 am
Like I said in the top post, I need to study a lot more before I claim that to be my title.

You misunderstood. I am not claiming it as my title until I feel sure I know everything I need. My title is currently: Learner, and it will be that for a long while.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:36 am
Azareas Aquarinus
Like I said in the top post, I need to study a lot more before I claim that to be my title.

You misunderstood. I am not claiming it as my title until I feel sure I know everything I need. My title is currently: Learner, and it will be that for a long while.

I'm not sure you've really clicked on what we're saying here. We're not saying you can't be a Wiccan if you've gone through the proper requirements to earn the title. But it's literally impossible to be an "eclectic Wiccan". It's not a title you can claim, ever, at any time, regardless of the amount of research you put into it, because eclectic Wicca doesn't exist.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:08 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Azareas Aquarinus

I'm not sure you've really clicked on what we're saying here. We're not saying you can't be a Wiccan if you've gone through the proper requirements to earn the title. But it's literally impossible to be an "eclectic Wiccan". It's not a title you can claim, ever, at any time, regardless of the amount of research you put into it, because eclectic Wicca doesn't exist.

Then I'm sure "eclectic Neo-Pagan" does exist?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:18 am
Azareas Aquarinus

Then I'm sure "eclectic Neo-Pagan" does exist?

Yup 3nodding  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games