Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:42 pm
I was thinking about Raziel and make up while in the tub (don't ask why) and I got to thinking. Raziel has kids, did Janos have any ones other then Vorador?

And if it's just Vorador why? I mean he had time to make others so why didn't he?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:44 pm
Facts Based on the games.
1) Blood Omen 1 introduction cut scene- depicts Vorador slaughtering Circle and defeating Malek. We are told Malek destroyed the Vampires but Vorador did not act until Janos was killed

2) I believe Defiance we learn Vorador was the first artificial vampire and that many Ancients committed suicide when they learned of their immortality. If we assume that was a large number that depletes people who can do converting

3) In Blood Omen 2 we learn making a vampire takes time and energy. Vorador did not have that ability at that time. This may be because he was weak or simply felt he did not have enough time to devote to fledgling raising. Kain has not sired any vampires at this point and does not know how to do it.

4) The more vampires one makes, based on SR1 bosses, the weaker they may get as they are more distant from the maker. This is also from traditional vampire lore.

Based on those three points, make the following assumptions:

A) Janos was either the first to try making another or made the first successful attempt. Because many of his comrades offed themselves he may not have been able to teach many people this.

B) If we assume point (4) to be true than many of Janos's continued fledglings may have been weaker and thus easier to kill. Or we could assume if Janos made a successful convertee that conversions not done properly yield weakened vampires. Based on point (3) this weakens a maker by default.

C) Because the Ancients now suddenly had a blood thirst the Sarafan were created to combat this. The numbers were already small(er than before) and now weaker ones were being made. Humans aren't stupid and would have figured this out. If they killed a new fledgling or attacked the new one in groups the weakened maker would come to protect it. Kill the maker, prevent it from making more.

D) Malek became a renowned vampire slayer and took out a HUGE number of fledglings and adults. Vorador hid in the swamp in order to protect whom he could. Those that strayed may have died or risked death. When those close to you die at large rates, depression is common. He may have been too emotionally distraught to consider it. At Janos' death he snapped and killed them in revenge. The cycle stopped but he was still very upset. If we assume Kain encouraged him to make more between BO1 and BO2 it weakened him.

Conclusion
There were too few adult vampires to make more at high enough rate to create an increase in the population. The constant being hunted may have left them in a perpetual population downfall. Janos' other children, if he made any, may have all been killed or hid themselves away. Vorador made several but the Brides on BO1 were not powerful. His four sons from BO2: Magnus, Sebastian, Marcus, Faustus- were considerably more so. This may be because they were sired to fight for the army. Their creation history is unknown.

Vorador did not create a large number after Malek's death due to his distress at having too many die. In BO2 we learn that the numbers are small. He may suffer from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and not want to sire new ones in fear that they will die. Why constantly raise kids if you know they will die in a couple of years? His psyche was affected.  

Lieutenant Turel

trash witch

Witch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:15 pm
User Image

I love how you formatted that like some official thesis essay.

Srsbizniss. o:

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:56 am
PsykotiKPenguin
User Image

I love how you formatted that like some official thesis essay.

Srsbizniss. o:

User Image

LoK theories are serious business. 3nodding

Also I figured that if I just submitted my conclusion people might ask where I made the assumptions I did. This just made it easier.  

Lieutenant Turel

trash witch

Witch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:30 am
User Image

I'm going with the "there were others and they were all horribly slaughtered, but Vorador survived because he was stronger/older" theory.

And maybe Janos just kinda gave up after a while. Lost hope or whatever, knowing that if he ever made another vampire, they'd just end up getting killed anyway.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:04 pm
Well at least it's better then the 'Janos got spayed' theory...  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

lilwriter23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:23 pm
I figured after seeing how Vorador turned out...he didn't want any more....

Either that or he never got around to it.  
The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games