Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
A little less BLASPHEMY!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:16 pm
After Uryu's thread on a 9mm 1911, I figured I would have to do something to try and balance out all this bad karma. Here it is, a 1911...in .45 ACP. I say "a little less" because it's the tactical model, so it has all the fancy s**t on there and an ambidexterous safety since I shoot lefty, which is the main reason I got the tactical.

Picked it up at the gun show today after doing paperwork a while back. Also got a spare mag and a holster. It says Holster Kings on it, but that's all I can find on it. Only cost $12, so I figured I didn't have a whole lot to lose. So far I love it. Holds the gun tightly and on an angle Tried it OWB and IWB and it conceals better than I thought it would. Just need to get a thicker belt than the one I have on now.

I got to try it out last weekend at the local fall shoot. Can't really post a target since about 4 of us were shooting at a time, but I was able to occasionaly break clays at 25 yds. If only I would stop jerking the trigger. I think I will swap out the sights for some truglo 3 dots or some other kind of illuminated 3 dot thing. It's good for now though. Reliability wise, I put 300 rds. through it so far. 100 rds of winchester white box, then 100 rds. of tula, and 100 more of whitebox. Only had one failure to feed with the tula, but I think that was bacause of the steel cases sticking together.

Takedown is easy, but putting it back together is a little tough the first time. I used this video to do it because the instruction manual is crap IMHO.

Pics so this thread isn't worthless:
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:30 pm
That's exactly what I have except in 9mm. I don't see how it's tactical myself aside form the ambi safety. Maybe it's the skeletonized bits?  

uryu ishida

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:49 pm
uryu ishida
That's exactly what I have except in 9mm. I don't see how it's tactical myself aside form the ambi safety. Maybe it's the skeletonized bits?

When I first heard "tactical", the first thing that came to mind was rails. Apparantly it has a better trigger and is a bit more finished than the base 1911s, but I have nothing to compare against. That and the sights are changeable. Maybe it's just meant to sound cool to us?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:06 pm
User Image

Perfect for scrubbing off heresy.

But really, that's a nice looking gun. I need to get me a 1911 sometime. Considering a Taurus... Uryu, you had a Taurus, no? How was it?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:13 am
hmm... with so many 1911s floating around my interest is rekindled.

may buy a para warthog or kimber pro carry in the near future/ whenever it can be afforded.

or maybe I may just save money and get an RIA compact. too many to choose from  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:58 pm
Fresnel
User Image

Perfect for scrubbing off heresy.

But really, that's a nice looking gun. I need to get me a 1911 sometime. Considering a Taurus... Uryu, you had a Taurus, no? How was it?
Other than the known issue with the safety (the ambi safeties they use are a bit loose--mine had a bit of play between the paddles), they're great. Replace the ambi safety with a Wilson COmbat one.  

uryu ishida

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:17 pm
You know something, I still haven't thought of a name for it. Suggestions? Only real guideline is that it must be female.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games