Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Requested help and guidance

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

meow_musicbox

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:02 pm
Hello fellow guild members, alot of you do not know me as I have been away the past 2 years at college. Well something has come up which I have no idea to deal with. Here is the story, any help or advice would be great.

About two months ago I was taking a walk in the woods behind my house. Doing my daily meditation and connecting to my soul. I noticed a sapling of an oak tree, not more than two inches from the seed and an inch from the ground. It was a slight windy day, the sapling was moving in a strange way. Instead of the slight fluttering from the wind, it seemed to be twisting. The little trunk (mind you its only an inch above ground). It was very animated. I got closer to see if there was any bug or animal moving it and there was nothing there. I took out my camera and took a 10 min video then touched it. It stopped moving, then I went back to the house. Later when I looked at the video it somehow was cut back to about 5 seconds. (i know how to work this camera, ive had it for 3 yrs)

Since then alot of strange stuff has been happening. So my question is, well...is there any way something could have been in that plant and followed me back to the house? I have video of it, if I can figure out how to upload it.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:05 pm
There's not a lot we can really say, aside from "possibly" and "who knows?", which is where you're at already wink  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:58 pm
The joys of UPG! It's impossible for anyone else to say what may or may not have happened with your experience. We just weren't there.

I have some thoughts for you, though.
:
I'm not surprised that there's an apparent time issue. Time moves differently in the spiritual realm than in the physical. When the two worlds overlap, things that seem to take forever can be a matter of seconds, and things that seemed like only moments could have been hours.

Electrical equipment and cameras don't always play nicely with things that involve spiritual energy.

Sometimes nature spirits end up wandering indoors and get lost, so to speak - sort of like a bee who can't figure out how to get back out the window. If you think you've got something prowling around, try making contact. You can leave an offering of some kind out for it - it may be a wandering nature spirit, or a household spirit who is trying to get your attention.

If you ask the spirit to make stronger contact with you it should quickly become apparent whether or not it's ok, or if it's there just to cause trouble. At that point you can decide whether or not you need to ask it to move on, or if it's ok to hang around.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:18 am
To me it sounds like a nature spirit or some kind of fae; If it is a fae leave out some milk or honey as an offering.

What kind of 'strange activity' have you been experiencing? things going missing? seeing things? etc?  

kasai_angel

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:29 am
kasai_angel
To me it sounds like a nature spirit or some kind of fae; If it is a fae leave out some milk or honey as an offering.

Or, hang the house with horseshoes and carry iron.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:58 am
kasai_angel

What kind of 'strange activity' have you been experiencing? things going missing? seeing things? etc?

If it's 'fae', I'd be doing what San suggested. 'Faeries' are nasty little buggers, who are not at all interested in our well-being.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:27 am
Morgandria
If it's 'fae', I'd be doing what San suggested. 'Faeries' are nasty little buggers, who are not at all interested in our well-being.

Are all of them like that?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:22 am
Esiris
Morgandria

Are all of them like that?

I still have spirits who come in and out of my home, freely and with welcome, because they are friends and allies. Some of them are of a household nature, some of them are nature spirits, some of them animal. I wouldn't describe them as fae.

I think"faerie" is a name too broadly applied. Most spirits are not, in fact, faeries - somehow it's become a catch-all. For me they're a very specific type of spirit, and one that historically has no liking for humanity. At best you're going to get indifferent mischief from them. At worst they're going to plague your household and your family for generations, if you've managed to piss them off or insult them somehow. Some actively exist only to mislead us to our deaths.

I maintain a sort of enforced neutrality around them. They're not welcome in my home, but I don't go bothering them either. In my cosmology they are the "outsiders", those who live beyond the bounds of my hospitality. I sometimes offer to them to leave me in peace, if I think it's important enough to do so. I don't ever have problems with them, with this approach.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

meow_musicbox

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:57 am
kasai_angel

Things have been moved, such as my alter items. Sometime I will wake up in the middle of the night and find my textbooks out of my book bag and lying open. (Which startles me because they are heavy) My clothes in my drawers have been switched around. The other day my mother found her makeup played with. It all seems like harmless stuff, but its just not at home. I work in a nursery for my parent's church and while im there stuff will be messed with in the back room. Several times we have sound those little foam stickers thrown everywhere, in the main room toys will fall off the shelf a few times.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games