Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Ischronic tones and Binaural beats

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xaolu

Dapper Smoker

9,425 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:52 pm
Now this may seem kinda new-agey, but a lot of it has actually been based upon scientific research. Isochronic tones are a certain tone or note played in a steady stream that are supposed to make your brain go into a defferent state of function. Binaural beats do the same but they use 2 different tones and try to make your brain create a third to bridge the two together and when it does that it makes your brain go into a different state. Well, when I listened to them I wasn't actually expecting anything momentus or anything but something did happen, It gave me a horrible headache. I've now had this headache for 2 days and I feel physically ill, I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if they know what will help to get rid of this sick feeling.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:07 pm
Do you have any links? I'd like to be able to hear them myself.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:10 pm
Esiris
Do you have any links? I'd like to be able to hear them myself.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JezebelDecibel

Use a headset if you can.

Basically this works because you get one tone in one ear, and a tone in the other that's between 1 and 30 mhz different. Each tone goes to a seperate ear, thus the need for headphones. Your brain isn't wired to handle discrete channel information. In the real world, if there is one pitch in one ear then you hear it in the other ear as well and a natural beat frequency occurs between them. But with binaural audio (headphones) there is no beat frequency because the two tones don't mix.

So they mix in your brain. And the missing beat frequency is generated by your brain. This causes a state of relaxation and in some cases, euphoria. The effect vanishes less than a minute after the audio stops. The worst side effect of this technique is a moment of inability to understand speech correctly, which fades in less than a second.

So I'm not sure why listening to a binaural beat would cause a lingering reaction.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:32 am
I didn't notice anything.
I get more feeling from the drumming we do than this stuff.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:26 pm
It is relaxing.

But some of the songs on that channel tend to get annoying.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:49 am
I just listened to it now. Towards the beginning my jaw began to feel stiff and I was getting a slight headache. but towards the end the rest of my body seemed to relax but the headache is still there.  

Danny Cheltyka

Invisible Ladykiller

7,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:37 am
I honestly can't think of any reason why the -sound- would be causing these, since the effect ends when the music does. Your brain doesn't continue reacting to sound that isn't there anymore.

But...perhaps some people build up particular muscle tensions listening to these weird sounds, especially if they're not relaxed, and that's the culprit of any lasting physical effects like headaches.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:31 pm
well the headache really only lasted about a minute or so. I'm perfectly fine now.  

Danny Cheltyka

Invisible Ladykiller

7,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Xaolu

Dapper Smoker

9,425 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:41 pm
Morgandria
I honestly can't think of any reason why the -sound- would be causing these, since the effect ends when the music does. Your brain doesn't continue reacting to sound that isn't there anymore.

But...perhaps some people build up particular muscle tensions listening to these weird sounds, especially if they're not relaxed, and that's the culprit of any lasting physical effects like headaches.

The headaches finally went away, but certain ones trigger it. Like there's this one called aura that really gets to me. the website for it is http://iso-tones.com/tones.html you can listen and/or download any of them.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games