• Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:17 am
Smokestack Lightning
Recon_Ninja_985
Requiem in Mortis
Recon_Ninja_985
Requiem in Mortis
This is probably going to sound stupid, but can a gun chambered in .45 Win Mag fire .45 ACP?
yes you can.

just make sure you brush out the chamber REALLY good and make sure there is no leading left behind. you should do this after each shooting session with them and especially before you go back to shooting .45 win mag again through it.

not doing so could be dangerous
Alright, second question- is anything other than the Grizzly chambered in .45 Win Mag that isn't as rare as the Grizzly and/or drastically more expensive than a standard .45 ACP pistol?
theres something rarer that takes it. an AMT IV thats it though
thats about all my google fu can summon

I would reeeeally look into 10mm auto, it does some mean damage and theres a quite a bit of 1911's and other pistols that are chambered for it that are more readily available.
From personal expierence wit gunshops I've been to. There's been 3 Mk 1s i've run across and none of them were selling for over $699 probably on the account that it uses uncommon ammo and they're all used.

The cheapest being $499 at Biff's Gun World off Dixie Highway in Louisville. I'd consider buying it if it's still there in 3 years but only if I decided to move back to pisshole Louisville just to buy it. I really hate that you can't buy handguns outside of your state even if they are collectable.
yes you can buy handguns from out of state

you just have to have it sent to an FFL in your home state for a transfer  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:46 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning
Recon_Ninja_985
Requiem in Mortis
Recon_Ninja_985
Requiem in Mortis
This is probably going to sound stupid, but can a gun chambered in .45 Win Mag fire .45 ACP?
yes you can.

just make sure you brush out the chamber REALLY good and make sure there is no leading left behind. you should do this after each shooting session with them and especially before you go back to shooting .45 win mag again through it.

not doing so could be dangerous
Alright, second question- is anything other than the Grizzly chambered in .45 Win Mag that isn't as rare as the Grizzly and/or drastically more expensive than a standard .45 ACP pistol?

I would reeeeally look into 10mm auto, it does some mean damage and theres a quite a bit of 1911's and other pistols that are chambered for it that are more readily available.
From personal expierence wit gunshops I've been to. There's been 3 Mk 1s i've run across and none of them were selling for over $699 probably on the account that it uses uncommon ammo and they're all used.

The cheapest being $499 at Biff's Gun World off Dixie Highway in Louisville. I'd consider buying it if it's still there in 3 years but only if I decided to move back to pisshole Louisville just to buy it. I really hate that you can't buy handguns outside of your state even if they are collectable.

Nice to know I can get what I want now.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:00 pm
Smokestack Lightning
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning
Recon_Ninja_985
Requiem in Mortis

There's also a court case going through the Texas court system right now challenging the 21 law for handgun purchase/carry. At 18, you can legally buy a pistol out of the back of a van, but not from a licensed dealer who does background checks. They make a good point.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:10 pm
Smokestack Lightning
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning
Recon_Ninja_985
Requiem in Mortis

yep, that also applies for online purchases for all firearms too.

gotta provide the seller with the FFL info and ask the place you want to have sent to if they can do a transfer for you  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:16 am
Fresnel
Smokestack Lightning
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning
Recon_Ninja_985
Requiem in Mortis

There's also a court case going through the Texas court system right now challenging the 21 law for handgun purchase/carry. At 18, you can legally buy a pistol out of the back of a van, but not from a licensed dealer who does background checks. They make a good point.
Do they also have candy in the van?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:56 am
Smokestack Lightning
Fresnel
Smokestack Lightning
Recon_Ninja_985
Smokestack Lightning

Do they also have candy in the van?
If by "candy" you mean "ammo", then yes.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:13 am
I've only shot 1911s twice. The first one was a Kimber Custom II with a similar set up to the MEU 1911, and I loved it. I was hitting 3" groups at 10 yards.

The second time was a replica speced to WW2 GI issue. I barely even hit the target with it because the trigger didn't work very well with me. It was too short and I would jerk it because I have long fingers.

I think I shot the Kimber really well because it had wraparound grips that gave it a little bit more thickness, and the trigger was one of the three hole ones.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:33 pm
Sgt Buckner
I've only shot 1911s twice. The first one was a Kimber Custom II with a similar set up to the MEU 1911, and I loved it. I was hitting 3" groups at 10 yards.

The second time was a replica speced to WW2 GI issue. I barely even hit the target with it because the trigger didn't work very well with me. It was too short and I would jerk it because I have long fingers.

I think I shot the Kimber really well because it had wraparound grips that gave it a little bit more thickness, and the trigger was one of the three hole ones.
first 1911 I fired was a kimber warrior. loved it

if the one you shot was similar to the meu then it was probably a warrior also  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:48 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Sgt Buckner

First and only 1911 I've ever fired was actually a Colt Mustang. My mom has a SA1911, but it's strictly a show piece she won at an NRA auction.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:07 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Sgt Buckner

First and only 1911 I've ever fired was actually a Colt Mustang. My mom has a SA1911, but it's strictly a show piece she won at an NRA auction.
mustang looks like a good carry gun. they come in 45 also? or just 380?  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:19 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Sgt Buckner

mustang looks like a good carry gun. they come in 45 also? or just 380?
The Colt Commander is the same gun in .45, IIRC. The Mustang was a cute little piece, and surprisingly not bad to fire. I had more fun with the P3-AT in a holdster, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:53 am
may be a few days late.... but happy birthday  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:08 pm
Well ladies and gents, it's that day... March 29th, 1911. Happy birthday, you old coot.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:17 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Requiem in Mortis
I'd love to get an original Colt M1911, but I'd be just as happy to get a Springfield or S&W model as well. Hell, I'd settle for any M1911 model, so long as it's not that ******** DEagle-brand M1911. I refuse to buy anything Magnum Research has sullied.
I wasnt even aware that magnum research built one o.o
"DEagle brand 1911" spawned "DEagle brand DEagle".

User Image
so how many years is it going to take desert eagle to earn the name 1911? xd

I believe magnum research should show it a little more respect.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers