Reply Fallout: New Vegas
Fallout New Vegas skill books

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HarrisNeenermeankid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:19 pm
Most of the skill books are temporary, so do you agree with what the Fallout designers did or did you like Fallout 3's permanent skill books?

a.New Vegas b. Fallout 3  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:33 am
The ones you are refering to are skill magazines, not books. Thoes are only tempoary. You can still find perminant skill books about the place.
they are usefull in that you can bost your skills up (such as lockpick) as and when you need to if you skills are not quite at the required levle  

Bang Bang Kitty Lincon

HarrisNeenermeankid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:56 am
TypeFace
The ones you are refering to are skill magazines, not books. Thoes are only tempoary. You can still find perminant skill books about the place.
they are usefull in that you can bost your skills up (such as lockpick) as and when you need to if you skills are not quite at the required levle

A magazine can still be a book, some form of learning literature in the Fallout new Vegas game that can be used to raise your Skill points(temporary or permanent). So.......

a.Temporary b. Permanent question  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:35 pm
Since the ones that increase your stats permanently aren't very common, while magazines are. Magazines raise a stat by 10, but only do so temporarily, while the books raise the skill by 3 permanently.

I like that books are harder to find this time around. It basically makes it impossible to max out all a characters stat, something that was possible in Fallout 3, even before the Broken Steel level cap rise. Magazine are okay, but the only ones I've ever really used were the ones that increased my Lockpick and Science to get into otherwise unaccessible locks/monitors. On rare occasions, when I was desperate or didn't have a high skill, I'd use magazines to increase my Medicine or Survival to gain some extra health. Otherwise, I just sold them.  

Haratio TaFotter
Crew

ozxander

Dangerous Vampire

6,475 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:35 pm
Haratio TaFotter
Since the ones that increase your stats permanently aren't very common, while magazines are. Magazines raise a stat by 10, but only do so temporarily, while the books raise the skill by 3 permanently.

I like that books are harder to find this time around. It basically makes it impossible to max out all a characters stat, something that was possible in Fallout 3, even before the Broken Steel level cap rise. Magazine are okay, but the only ones I've ever really used were the ones that increased my Lockpick and Science to get into otherwise unaccessible locks/monitors. On rare occasions, when I was desperate or didn't have a high skill, I'd use magazines to increase my Medicine or Survival to gain some extra health. Otherwise, I just sold them.

I agree with you with one small addition. i would use the speech magazines too when playing a character that wasnt specialized in speech but i still wanted to pass that speech check ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:35 am
ozxander
Haratio TaFotter

I agree with you with one small addition. i would use the speech magazines too when playing a character that wasnt specialized in speech but i still wanted to pass that speech check ^_^

Yeah, I forgot I rarely used the Barter and Speech magazines to pass certain speech challenges. lol  

Haratio TaFotter
Crew

Fallout: New Vegas

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces