Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Drawing Down The Moon

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Koigokoro Konjou

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:58 pm
Hey I'm trying to find the best way for me to do a ritual to draw down the full moon. If you have a ritual please post it. Or if not give me ideas so I can make my own. Thx.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:11 pm
Koigokoro Konjou
Hey I'm trying to find the best way for me to do a ritual to draw down the full moon. If you have a ritual please post it. Or if not give me ideas so I can make my own. Thx.

The earliest references to Drawing Down the Moon was made in Gorgias by Plato.
When I was studying under the Kingstone Coven, I did some research and found out that he was making a snide comment against witches.

Neo-pagan Drawing Down the Moon is mostly from Wicca which is a mystery Religion and it's rituals can't be practiced outside of a Wiccan Coven.

There are other neo-pagan rituals based on that- so if you want one of those they're easy to find online.

Is there a reason you want to be ridden? That might make it easier to pick one.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

ncsweet
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:16 pm
Unfortunately what is called "drawing down the moon" in many books, isn't really what "drawing down the moon" actually is.

The actual ritual "drawing down the moon", is where the High Priestess literally/physically invokes the Goddess into herself. In essence she becomes the Goddess for the duration of the invocation. It is a form of ritual possession. It's really not something that should be attempted without another person present.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:16 pm
Esiris
Koigokoro Konjou

The earliest references to Drawing Down the Moon was made in Gorgias by Plato.
When I was studying under the Kingstone Coven, I did some research and found out that he was making a snide comment against witches.

Neo-pagan Drawing Down the Moon is mostly from Wicca which is a mystery Religion and it's rituals can't be practiced outside of a Wiccan Coven.

There are other neo-pagan rituals based on that- so if you want one of those they're easy to find online.

Is there a reason you want to be ridden? That might make it easier to pick one.

The reason I'm being Solitary for now is because I'm in the middle of now where and I moved from Florida which I was part of a Coven and to Texas and it's hard to find one.

Sorry I think I didn't answer your question.  

Koigokoro Konjou

Koigokoro Konjou

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:19 pm
ncsweet
Unfortunately what is called "drawing down the moon" in many books, isn't really what "drawing down the moon" actually is.

The actual ritual "drawing down the moon", is where the High Priestess literally/physically invokes the Goddess into herself. In essence she becomes the Goddess for the duration of the invocation. It is a form of ritual possession. It's really not something that should be attempted without another person present.

I know that. So it wouldn't be a good idea to do it on my own. I got to find a Coven here. It's hard with out one at times.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:22 pm
Well, what is it you want the ritual to achieve? If you let us know what you want and how you'd prefer to do it, we can help you find a ritual or help you write one.

Is this about a goddess, a god, or about the moon itself? Do you want a complex ritual, or a small one? What ritual form do you prefer? Will you be outside or inside? etc.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Koigokoro Konjou

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:00 pm
It's about the Moon itself. Small ritual. Inside outside I don't care.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:52 am
As was said, Drawing Down the Moon isn't really a solo deal. But you know that now. smile

I guess the question comes down to: what are you trying to accomplish for your ritual? Can't really give you suggestions until I know that.

----------------------------------------------------

What tradition of Wicca were you studying before you moved? You're somewhere between San Antonio and Austin, which isn't bad as far as travelling distance goes...

I didn't see any British Traditional listings on Witchvox for covens. You might have to hook up to Amber and Jet, and inquire if there's any open lineaged covens in your area.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Koigokoro Konjou

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:23 pm
Morgandria
As was said, Drawing Down the Moon isn't really a solo deal. But you know that now. smile

I guess the question comes down to: what are you trying to accomplish for your ritual? Can't really give you suggestions until I know that.

----------------------------------------------------

What tradition of Wicca were you studying before you moved? You're somewhere between San Antonio and Austin, which isn't bad as far as travelling distance goes...

I didn't see any British Traditional listings on Witchvox for covens. You might have to hook up to Amber and Jet, and inquire if there's any open lineaged covens in your area.

The purpose is to experience it for myself. I'm very curious of how it feels and what it's like. And I was studying gardener tradition.(May have spelled it wrong. My spelling sucks with names. sorry.)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:37 pm
Koigokoro Konjou

The purpose is to experience it for myself. I'm very curious of how it feels and what it's like. And I was studying gardener tradition.(May have spelled it wrong. My spelling sucks with names. sorry.)

Were you initiated by the Gardnerian Coven?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:45 am
Koigokoro Konjou

Well, if you want the Drawing Down the Gards do...you're kind of out of luck. It takes a lot of training and experience to do that sort of trance-possession, and it's not something you can do alone.

Also, you're the wrong sex to be the vessel of the Goddess, if you're biologically male.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:35 am
I see. Well I thank you all for helping.  

Koigokoro Konjou

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games