I guess they're called Art Games
  Oh yeah! Great stories and ideas!
  BORING. Not enough explosions.
  Whatever, shouldn't you be studying?
View Results

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:28 pm
When I get bored I play random games online a lot.
And I have fallen in love.

My favorite games to play are the weird, arty games.
The ones that you play more for the meaning and story.
The games that don't necessarily have a complete ending or complete, concise story.

I adore those games.
I found Gregory Weir a while ago and I fell in love with his games.
He's a game designer that basically creates the kinds of games that I like
There are one or two duds, but I absolutely love them.

And I thought I'd share.
His website with his games.
Another place I enjoy,
Newgrounds Art Games Collection

What do you do online when you're bored?
What are your favorite games?
What are your favorite kinds of games?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:45 am
POKEMONNNN!
lol, no seriously, though...

When I get bored of online stuff... I log off. Seriously, that's it. XD
Most of the stuff I tend to obsess over is offline, so I have no real reason to just keep chugging along on the internet when I'm bored.

But now, I'm busy trying to keep this freaky b****** from my mom. He's a really disgusting dude who has a crush on my mom. He's started trying to get close to her on Facebook. I plan on blocking him the next time he sends something to her...
Worst part is, he comes to visit his daughter a lot... and she lives right next door. So he's not just some internet stalker freak...

DAMMIT, I FORGOT TO BUY ONE OF THOSE HEAVY METAL BASEBALL BATS AT WAL-MART!!!! And you can kinda figure the reason why I want one.

I tend to be more into building games. Games that let you have a lot of freedom in what you do and stuff. Like the Sims, obviously. I build, create, do all sorts of things on there. I can even create stories for my characters, so, woot!

I'm also a little obsessed with collecting stuff on just about any game, so a game that has a lot to do with collecting a bunch of items/monsters/ect is something I enjoy.

Simple games are my favorite. Those that you can just pick up and play and doesn't have a bunch of annoying controls to remember and use throughout the game. Cause what I'm obsessed with playing this week will probably not be touched again till the next month. XD

So... stuff like Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, the Sims, Monster Rancher, Dragon Warrior Monsters.... and a bunch of building simulators like Zoo tycoon and the like. XP  

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:02 am
Haha, you're better than I
I'll sit on the computer all day finding things to do.

I'm all for the free games you can find online.
There are so many and some of them are really good.
In all honesty, I'd probably spend more money on video games if there weren't so many.
I can entertain myself all day playing little games online.

That sounds scary though.
Go get a bat. :C

I love games that let you just run.
Go do whatever you want.
Exactly why I love Legend of Zelda games.

But if you're into collections games then I'd recommend Looming
Yes, a Gregory Weir game.
It's all about collecting though.
You basically find the world around you and the history of it by collecting.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:47 pm
lol, all I do is switch between game consoles, so it's not that great. XD

If it's free games, you might wanna try this site:

http://www.freeridegames.com/?actid=toolbar

Everything on there is free, you just have to download the toolbar to access them. The only issue is they have ads around the game, but that's how they make their money, so... don't bug me too much, though.

I plan on getting the bat. He's a bit dumb so he's never tried anything to get physically close to my mom... but most of my family can't stand him, so he's probably afraid of getting shot/getting his a** kicked. >XD  

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:58 pm
If you like arty/experimental games, you might like the games by Daniel Benmergui.

There's also pOnd. This one is technically artsy. You'll see what I mean as you progress.

-When I'm online and I'm bored, I usually read things on Cracked. If I can't find anything at all, I usually just get off. If someone I talk to is nearby, I tell him or her that there is nothing on the internet.

-Like, specific favorite games? I dunno. World of Warcraft keeps me entertained.

-It's easier to list my favorite kinds of games, though. I like platformers, RPGs (not turn-based, though), and adventure games. Shooters are okay. I'm a bit tired of those because there are so many of them.

Black_Angel_Flowne

I'm also a little obsessed with collecting stuff on just about any game, so a game that has a lot to do with collecting a bunch of items/monsters/ect is something I enjoy.

Ooh. I've got this problem as well. For example, the Nintendo gallery in Wind Waker caused me to play the game much longer than I would have without it.

I never actually finished the collection because I would have had to go all the way to the bird boss. The picture I took of it didn't have the bird's full body. I thought it was a pretty good picture, but the guy at the gallery didn't think so. The bird was also the only boss you didn't get to fight a second time, so I didn't get a second chance at a shot. Lame.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:48 pm
Oh, I've played one of his games before but never looked into him.
He's really interesting, thanks.

I think I've heard of pOnd in passing but never looked into it either.

I read Cracked a lot too. Lately it's been boring me though so I've been playing a lot of games.

There was a Nintendo thing for a picture of the bird?
Well s**t, I'm never getting that one either.
I logged like 20 hours into Wind Waker the week I got it though so I'm taking a break from it.

Black:
Thanks!
I'll check that out.
That sucks about that guy tough
Mega-creeper status.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:40 pm
lol, I never, ever really focus on collecting stuff. If it's a game like Harvest Moon or something, then I collect stuff like crazy. Mario or Donkey Kong? I'm lucky to get through and then keep playing. Normally I just restart the game and see how fast I can beat it later on.

I'm always looking for music from my games, though. That's one thing I do in my spare time online. *currently looking up DK music XD*  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:13 pm
I got the Wind Waker soundtrack a while ago.

I love it.
I gotta get some of the other LoZ soundtracks.

That's how I tend to be too.
I'm always underleveled in games in like Kingdom Hearts and such because I'm trying so hard just to get through the game.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:41 pm
I bought the soundtrack for Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game a while back.

I also just received my copies of the Sam and Max soundtrack for seasons one and two yesterday.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:38 pm
Oh, is that good?
It seems like it would, at the very least, have an interesting soundtrack.

That's awesome too!
You've linked a couple of the songs before and it sounds like a really good soundtrack.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:15 am
It's pretty good. It's basically 8 bit meets rock.
Here are a couple samples:
-Scott Pilgrim Anthem
-Another Winter

The Sam & Max soundtrack is really good.
I was listening to it while I was driving the other day. With the exception of one song, it was very relaxing.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:27 pm
Ooooh, that is pretty cool.
I may have to get it.
I might have a soft spot for 8-bit

It's all Jazzy, right?
Making sure I remember the right thing you've linked, haha.

Random but what's really good driving music is the Kill Bill soundtrack.
(I haven't done it myself but that's just because I don't have a CD player in my car.)  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:03 pm
I got it for four dollars because it was the deal of the day on Amazon. Normally it's eight, so it's pretty cheap.

Sam & Max is mostly jazzy. I think there may be a few exceptions.
You're probably thinking of the right thing (or things, actually.
I linked The Office and City Streets.
And, because it's the holiday season, here's a Christmas one: Unholy Workshop
I'd put the other Christmas ones, but those aren't on YouTube.
Well, actually there is also The Friendly Demon Song.

Edit: Oh, and I just remembered that the Collector's Edition of Cataclysm that I bought came with the soundtrack.
This is an example of one of the songs. Many of them are different than this one.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:23 am
Nice.
That is pretty cheap.
Even 8 for a CD isn't bad considering the bargain CDs are Target are typically 10.

I've never watched(?) Sam and Max
But the soundtrack sounds good.
Kind of weird
But cool

That's kind of nice
Operatic but epic in a subtle way.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:04 pm
The game itself is $15, so that may be why it's a cheap soundtrack.

-Sam & Max started as a comic.
-Then, LucasArts mad an Adventure Game based loosely off of one of the longer story arcs.
-After that, a more kid-friendly animated series was made, so Sam & Max is something that you can watch. Most of the violence was replaced with random humor, and their pistols were replaced with flamethrowers and rocket launchers, which I guess are considered okay. Probably because kids wouldn't be able to get their hands on those.
-The soundtrack, however, comes from what the series has become. Sam & Max is currently a series of episodic adventure games made by Telltale Games. If you ever want to try one, Season 1 Episode 4, Abe Lincoln Must Die, is free. Because it's in the middle of the first season, there are a few areas in the game that may not make sense.

I think the song is too short, though.
Overall, I love the soundtrack for World of Warcraft. I have another song on my profile that has the same "operatic-but-epic" feel to it, but it's from Wrath of the Lich King, and I have not purchased that soundtrack.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games