babysitting mama...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Redilicious

Dapper Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:26 pm
i keep seeing commercials for this game everywhere and apparently its gonna be one of the biggest gift games of the holidays. yet i find it extremely creepy. observe:

yes, how nice, your shove a wii mote into your baby's spine and the nunchuck comes out of its a**. fun for the whole family!

i think its not gonna sell well and that the cooking mama developers are taking the franchise too far. cooking mama 1 was fun, cooking mama for the itouch was okay, cooking mama wii was soso. then garden mama came out and it went downhill from there.

your opinions?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:28 pm

Super Cheesio

eveejoystar

Invisible Poster

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:51 pm
I think all the games are dumb, and "mama's" voice is annoying. If kids want to do that stuff, they should do it for real.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:59 pm
It isn't targeted at us. I think some kids might have fun with this, for some reason little girls think it's great to raise babies. Socialize 'em early, I guess!  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:46 pm
eveejoystar
I think all the first person shooters are dumb, and Call of Duty is annoying. If kids want to do that stuff, they should do it for real.
Sorry, just had to edit this post for my own amusement. Hehe.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:54 pm
I just think the video is funny. He he, accents.

"Babysitting Mamar"  

Orphie

Redilicious

Dapper Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:22 pm
Even if its aimed at a younger audience, its still pretty creepy. these kids are gonna grow up and be like, "where does the wii mote go?
and the latest commercial (i cant find it on youtube) thats airing over here shows TEENAGERS playing the game, putting the a** nunchuck on the babys mouth to feed it. im scared that this could be the baby assignment of the future.

Orphie
I just think the video is funny. He he, accents.

"Babysitting Mamar"

this made my day, im laughing so much right now. but i dont hear mamer, i kinda hear murmur

*goes off and makes comic strip about*

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:04 pm
I'm waiting for Soccer Mama.  

MaverickDrifter

Redilicious

Dapper Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:19 pm
digi734
I'm waiting for Soccer Mama.

"put the wiimote into your ball like so. make sure that part of it is sticking out!"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:19 pm
Meta_Fish
It isn't targeted at us. I think some kids might have fun with this, for some reason little girls think it's great to raise babies. Socialize 'em early, I guess!

couldn't they just play with normal dolls and use their imagination instead of letting a talking screen do it for them?  

Danny Cheltyka

Invisible Ladykiller

7,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:01 pm
Rachel The Squidray
Meta_Fish

couldn't they just play with normal dolls and use their imagination instead of letting a talking screen do it for them?
Couldn't you just come up with stories for yourself instead of playing video games or watching television or movies or reading?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:47 pm
Red7227
Even if its aimed at a younger audience, its still pretty creepy. these kids are gonna grow up and be like, "where does the wii mote go?

No offense, but I don't think they'd be dense enough to jam a controller into a wee babe when they get older and more mature to understand even more how to take care of a kid.

To be honest I see nothing wrong with the premise. It doesn't hurt for them to branch away from just culinary endeavors.

Also, that baby the game comes packaged with is bloody adorable.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:55 pm
Exactly. Kids aren't that stupid. It's like the whole "if I kill someone in a videogame, I'll kill people in real life!" argument.
No.

Sure, it reinforces gender divisions/expectations but no one's complaining about THAT :3
C'est la vie.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:35 pm
I think the doll is ugly as sin, but that might just be me.  

Orphie

'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff