Glenfield 60 help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:35 pm
So today I was going to go shooting but it didn't work out. Tonight I decided to take the Glenfield 60 apart and try to finally figure out why it would jam on every shot.

1. The reason it jams is because when a round is removed from the mag rather than being grabbed by the bolt and guided into the barrel it just flips out in random directions.

2. After giving up on trying to remedy the problem I went to reassemble the gun and the whole lower receiver just fell apart in my hands for no reason. Well I'm calling it a lower receiver. I have no idea what to really call it. The internal parts are a bolt, a bolt handle, the recoil spring, the spring guide, and this chunk of various small parts that are supposed to be held together as a single unit. It was solidly held together and I have no idea why it fell apart. I kept all the parts together but I don't know how they all fit together to get it put back together. I don't even know what the proper name for the whole assembly is so I'm having no luck looking it up on google. They have a list of all the individual parts but not the assembly name.

There was another forum someone advertised here a long time ago. I think it was called World Gun Owners or something. If someone still has the link to that forum please link it here so I can ask there.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:15 am
Here is a similar forum thread with links to a bitchin slide show with photos of each step. I downloaded the first linked file, a 7.5 megabyte slide show with close up images and tools to do the job correctly.

Hope this helps.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197703  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:45 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
There was another forum someone advertised here a long time ago. I think it was called World Gun Owners or something. If someone still has the link to that forum please link it here so I can ask there.
US Gun Owners. USGO died, and all the members retreated back into the parent site Tennessee Gun Owners.

Also, is the Glenfield M60 the same as the Marlin M60? Because I've seen rifles stamped "MARLIN GLENFIELD".  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:31 pm
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
US Gun Owners. USGO died, and all the members retreated back into the parent site Tennessee Gun Owners.

Also, is the Glenfield M60 the same as the Marlin M60? Because I've seen rifles stamped "MARLIN GLENFIELD".
Yeah that's the one. I wasn't entirely certain the difference between a Marlin M60 and a Glenfield M60. The one I have says Glenfield on the barrel and has a tube mag. I've heard some have the removeable box mag so I guessed those might be Marlin M60.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:47 pm
look up how to fix a marlin model 60.

you'll come up with more results in a search  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:58 pm
I take it that the link I suggested wasn't right for your Marlin variant?  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:54 pm
The link isn't working for me. I posted a thread on TGO and I hope to get some help there.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:32 am
http://www.castbullet.com/misc/m60.htm

This could help you, maybe a little....  

Char-pun

Shadowy Rogue

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:21 pm
So Marlin didn't standardize the assembly of the action. Any one action will replace another since when fully assembled they are all the same size and shape, but the actual assembly itself can vary from action to action and I haven't seen any that duplicate what I have so I'm just going to have to take it to a gunsmith and have them put it back together for me. I have all the pieces together so I know not to fall for some BS about replacement parts.  
Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games