Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply Guild Forum
Question from non-Muslim .......

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

princess of live

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:42 am
Hi , I guess I am a new member with you smile .
well I was hanging around Gaia and found this guild , the moment I saw the name of the guild I remember niqab and 9/11 razz .
But then I was what would I lose if I knew what is Islam , specially that I have Muslim friend who is so sweet to me .
She's wearing that head scarf that I really can't know why you guys wearing it , it looks so weird :S .
So anyway , my questions are :
1-What's the Qur'an and what's it's source ?
2-Is Islam good or bad religion ?
3-Why you like Islam ?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:31 pm
can i express my answer (personal answer that is, not general)

1. Quran, is similar (but not same exactly) to bible - it's compilation of teachings, straight from Allah swt (that is our only God) that covers everything (from how-to's to the meaning of every creations & actions).
It doesn't came in a book altogether - it came piece by piece (one surah (or a 'story')), send from Allah swt to our Prophet Muhammad (may peace be upon him) through Jibril (angel).

2. As i'm practicing Islam as the way of my life, i can say it's a good religion to be practicise in daily life. truely, no religion wants to be labelled as bad religion!)

3. It's suits most of my life needs 3nodding  

neko86

Aged Cat

Silver Nephil

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:14 pm
1. What Neko said.

2. Well, you could ask that question of all religions. Hell, there've been wars around most of 'em. It's not really the religion that's good or bad, I'd guess, but the people who're practicing it and using it for their own ends, and the person's ends can be good or bad in themselves. So, you'd have to look at the person.

3. *shrugs* I'm a Slacker, myself. I've probably incorporated a lot of different things from other beliefs around me into my personal bit of Islam (ex. reincarnation, possibly from my brother's Buddhism, a bit of Pagan/Wiccanist elements and a heavy melding of science from my friends who're Pagan/Wiccan and atheists). It's not so much liking as...something else... If I find the words I'm looking for, I'll tell you, Princess. (Although, I do like the writing in my friend's Qur'an. It's big and fancy and I can't read a word of it, but it looks pretty. XD)  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:07 pm
Ello there~

1) In simple terms the Quran is the book of God. It is the final book that was revelated to the final prophet. Before the Quran came out there where 4 other books 2 of them are the Toura (Jewidasm religious book) and the Bible (for Chrisitanity) God said that the Quran is the finale book and it will be the book that hasn't been altered or changed till the day of Judgment. This also explains the reason why we must respect the religions of the books ( in arabic it is called ahllal keetab)

2)With this question I can tellyour confusing Islam from the fundamentalist perspective..which is the oone being repersented in the media. if you look/read at all religions from the basic points you can see that they are all peaceful..now some people who have the fundamentalist views/belifes take the religion to the extrem and pretty much show the oppiste of what the religion preaches. Islam is a peaceful religion..those people int he media claiming they are muslims and bombing/attaking innocent people..are not practicing islam correctly. Just the islamic greeting translated in english means peace be upon you...read about it from a reiable source...(lol i also took this from my psychology lecture onhow reigion is good for the himan mind XD)

3) Why do I like Islam..it makes my life easier..I mean many of the things that is forbbiden in islam really take off the stress i see that my friends have that are not muslim..XD  

Inactive92

O.G. Genius

7,200 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Guild Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items