Welcome to Gaia! ::

The zCampaign

Back to Guilds

Here to campaign on behalf of zOMG!, Gaia's neglected and dying MMO. 

Tags: zOMG!, Campaign 

Reply The Think Tank
zOMG! Random Events [I]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krypt222

7,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:42 am
I bet that zOMG! would be a little more interesting if there were random events! What I mean is... you could be running around killing Animated and BOOM some random CPU comes out of NOWHERE and takes you away to a secret area where you have to solve a puzzle, take a quiz, fight a couple of strong Animated or something retarded like that. Tell me what yall think! Why dontcha throw out some ideas for random events! smile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:44 am

zOMG! already has Mini-events like that.

At least you know it's a good idea?
      xd

Emyre

Wheezing Warlord

Krypt222

7,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:38 am
Are you kidding me? I dont think Ive ever seen a random event... Ive seen plenty of holiday events and those special events that happen in each area. Buzzkill, Land Shark and stuff like that but thats not really random.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:12 pm
Krypt222
Are you kidding me? I dont think Ive ever seen a random event... Ive seen plenty of holiday events and those special events that happen in each area. Buzzkill, Land Shark and stuff like that but thats not really random.

What's not really random about them? Many have triggers which are at least partially based on random occurring, and some are definitely quite random in what they do. I mean, there could be even more minievents, perhaps with some with more clearly random stuff.  

Atrash the Squidmonger

Emyre

Wheezing Warlord

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:29 pm

Well, yes, I'd like to see more random Mini-events.
      But they're working with an extremely small team, and really need to focus on monetizing zOMG!.
      Additional events would be fun, but wouldn't really make money.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:49 pm
Maybe if there were items that granted access to special areas, like that carnival on the boardwalk...

Sorry... Just a thought on how that might happen. >.<  

IronyMobile

Super Waffles

CobaltOmega

OG Explorer

10,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:40 pm
It's a good idea, but there is a small issue. I used to play Runescape, and there's these thing called random events there, and they're really the exact same thing you're suggesting. If the zOMG! devs put random events in, it could be said they stole the idea. Perhaps something like a gateway could randomly appear and be hidden somewhere, but no one would receive a warning like with mini-events. You would go through the gateway/portal, and appear somewhere with a boss, maze or something similar, and it's either win or die?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:15 pm
CobaltFreeze
It's a good idea, but there is a small issue. I used to play Runescape, and there's these thing called random events there, and they're really the exact same thing you're suggesting. If the zOMG! devs put random events in, it could be said they stole the idea. Perhaps something like a gateway could randomly appear and be hidden somewhere, but no one would receive a warning like with mini-events. You would go through the gateway/portal, and appear somewhere with a boss, maze or something similar, and it's either win or die?

Meh.
      Nothing in any MMO is really original.
      So steal away.
      xd

Emyre

Wheezing Warlord

cnoisy

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:54 pm
SykoCaster
CobaltFreeze

Meh.
      So steal away.
      xd

well in zOMG! isn't the leveling up by the orb thingy original?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:18 am
cnoisy
SykoCaster
CobaltFreeze

Meh.
      So steal away.
      xd

Maybe a little but not really.. Leveling up equipment that determines your level so your level can be altered by changing your gear essentially.. It's been done before, just those MMOs died, and I guess those RPGs for platforms/consoles never gain much traction.  

Sumasuun

Godly Noob

19,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • WilyTrickster 50

Emyre

Wheezing Warlord

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:22 am
cnoisy
SykoCaster
CobaltFreeze

Meh.
      So steal away.
      xd

Calling EXP Orbs and calling Skills Rings is, but the concept itself isn't.
      Heck, leveling up a set of interchangeable abilities that work better or worse in certain situations reminds me of Pokemon.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:46 pm
CobaltFreeze
Yeah I know. Thats actually kinda like what I meant. Just some random a** thing like that.  

Krypt222

7,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
The Think Tank

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items