Welcome to Gaia! ::

The zCampaign

Back to Guilds

Here to campaign on behalf of zOMG!, Gaia's neglected and dying MMO. 

Tags: zOMG!, Campaign 

Reply The Think Tank
zOMG powerup uses [I] and [Z]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ju Tru Nix

Benevolent Elder

17,550 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:17 pm
I notice that as a way of producing a revenue/support for zOMG we're wanting to have a way to increase the powerup sales...but what to do with them is a problem.
As it stands, powerups are fairly cheap on the MP and any new influx is going to drop them further. (Thus more users are going to grind to buy any services from the MP)...
So, we kinda need a two-prong attack here.
1. We need to find some way to utilize the powerups to increase zOMG playing...
2. We need to reduce the amount of powerups on the MP (or at least increase the amount charged)

For 1, I propose we could collect all the powerups and use them to randomly invite and gift new Gaians (and some not so new but new to zOMG) in order to increase the number of players.
We could also host small contests with powerups as a prize. (Hide and Seek, area races, etc.)

For 2, I wouldn't mind buying up all the cheaper ones and hoarding them for prizes ninja

Anyway, this is just one of the things running through my head... in the meantime, I'm getting back to my poster campaign to push around local schools and parks! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:38 pm
thing is, if you gift it to someone they might wind up selling it in the MP anyway  

hpanna

Ju Tru Nix

Benevolent Elder

17,550 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:47 pm
Thus is where number 2 comes into play. xd
Let em sell it... it's just virtual gold, I can get more. (After all, in Gaia it DOES grow on trees! lol)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:32 pm
lol  

hpanna

Atrash the Squidmonger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:40 am
Powerups can only be sold if they're complete, right? As in, they soulbind upon being used once? So what if they were handed out to new players and such, along with teaching them how and when to use them, what they were, etc., using one charge or so in the process?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:03 am
Note that they do soulbind if you buy them in-game.

As for the idea of buying up all the power ups, I don't think that is viable. As seen in many attempts to AI cheaper items, it rarely works long enough to have a long-term impact on item prices and the like. People will simply unleash any that aren't bound the moment you buy them off the MP.

I think a better way is to make the powerups more popular. As it stands, they aren't necessary for the game whatsoever and seem to be a waste of gold or cash when you can go through the game efficiently without using them at all.

Figure out how you can make power ups more appealing to the general masses and then maybe their sales will go up.  

Tasn Zheng

10,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Nanenna

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:00 pm
I agree that buying them isn't really going to help issues, I've been selling the ones I buy because 1. I hardly ever use them and 2. I'm doing a massive quest right now. But I'd be happy to donate them to a cause, I'm only buying them to support zOMG (as opposed to buying GC items I actually want and wouldn't sell for gold) so donating them for more support for zOMG makes sense.

I like the idea of hosting contests with those as the prize or handing them out to new players that need help. So how would we organize the new player hand outs? Just give them to new members? Go into VG and go donate them to all the CL 1.0s running around? Hand them over to an already existing group who help newbs? Organize our own group to offer services for those who need it?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:37 pm
Buying them all up will have a limited effect but that limited effect might be a good thing right around the time that the devs need to be earning that money. I would start picking them up right before that time and then giving them out as prizes or even to people who are contributing to helping zomg or for encouraging people to participate in player ran events in zomg. You guys could also work with the artist on here who are planning on asking form zomg items as payment for art. You may want to save your gold for the big ticket items though. When pets and head start tickets are released if those are bot off the market it will mean that others will have to be bought with cash to replace them because people wont have a ton of them sitting in their inventories  

Patrick Jiuliani

Ruthless Businessman

The Think Tank

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces