Welcome to Gaia! ::

z!Spot

Back to Guilds

This guild was created to support zOMG! and get as many new players as we can to play our MMO! 

Tags: zOMG!, zOMG! Support, zOMG! Devs, zOMG! Events, Contests and Events 

Reply z!Spot zOMG! Supporters!
Gaia is changing the home page and we need to speak up

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:09 pm
I posted this in the zOMG forum but I wanted to post it here too. Thread in the zOMG forum.

So, home page, when you log in, that page they're changing.

http://cdnmo.coveritlive.com/media/image/201012/php256jimwf_1.jpg

That is one of the mock ups.

http://cdnmo.coveritlive.com/media/image/201012/phpuN2HQiwf_2.jpg

And a condensed version of the first.

http://cdnmo.coveritlive.com/media/image/201012/phpnJL00wLIHP_mock_1a-1.jpg

There's another.

zOMGaians, we need to speak up when Gaia asks for feedback. We need to make sure they put zOMG as one of the modules on this first page. Not just one of the games that are cycled through but it's own module to always be seen. That way all Gaians see zOMG on the home page when they log in. New users who don't know what it is will see it and click. This could potentially help zOMG a lot.

Right now, zOMG is buried under the games tag. But if it had its own module on the home page it'd be in the forefront of people's minds. If its in the forefront of people's minds then perhaps more people will play. And we know what more people playing will mean. This could help save zOMG.

See the whole convo via the chat replay here.

Pan said that they'll be asking for feedback on the home page and what users want to see in the modules. We need to be a united front when we suggest zOMG. It's pretty great to see how well the threads in SF are, there's always one or two on the first page. We need to work together again when Gaia starts asking us our thoughts. We need to make ourselves heard.

TL;DR, Home page is changing and when it does, we need to make Gaia put something about zOMG up on it for EVERYONE to see.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:48 pm
Lady Kayura
zOMGaians, we need to speak up when Gaia asks for feedback.

I know you said a lot more than that, but I really wanted to stress this point. When Gaia asks what we want, we need to make it very clear that out answer is zOMG!, in as relevant a way as possible. We need to keep zOMG! prominent in the collective Gaian (user and developer) conscience, if we're to have any hope of keeping it around.

Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention, Ms. Kayura. It sounds like they'll be actively requesting feedback at some point; did they indicate when, or was that just me misunderstanding? sweatdrop

Red Kutai

Benevolent Codger

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:28 am
I'm so not all up into the important Gaia news stuff... can we get a heads-up in here for the next one? If they sent announcements to guilds, I'd totally notice.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:40 am
Have yall seen this : Dev meeting  

Ghin - Aoiichi

Retro Punk

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:27 am
Red Kutai

I know you said a lot more than that, but I really wanted to stress this point. When Gaia asks what we want, we need to make it very clear that out answer is zOMG!, in as relevant a way as possible. We need to keep zOMG! prominent in the collective Gaian (user and developer) conscience, if we're to have any hope of keeping it around.

Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention, Ms. Kayura. It sounds like they'll be actively requesting feedback at some point; did they indicate when, or was that just me misunderstanding? sweatdrop

I've seen them ask for feedback before, usually in the SF forum. There'll be a thread with a poll and we can post. Or there may not be a poll and they'll just start with asking for ideas. Currently there isn't a feedback thread but it'll be coming.

I'll be sure to update my thread here and in the zOMG forum when we do have the update. Hopefully we can get a bunch of zOMGaians to post and get the game on the main page.

z!Spot zOMG! Supporters!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games