Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Brutal Legend

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:21 am
Was a p. cool game. It was basically the story of my life if I had massive arms+hands and a goatee.

Some of the hack n' slash was kind of boring, the rts element was hard to really control well, and the collectible portion was less than exciting... but the story, writing, soundtrack, and setting were absolutely amazing and hilarious - especially if you're a fan of metal in general. Whenever I explain that hair metal and emo metal are two of the primary antagonists, my more musicially savy friends are instantly interested.

Anyone else play this game? What did they think of it?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:10 pm
Given that I am both a huge metal head and Time Schaefer fan, this game was really perfect for me. I thought the factions were well realized except for the Tainted Coil, which didn't really have anything to do with metal at all. The idea of the whole thing was really just original, and the voice acting was pretty great as well. I liked that electric guitar and bass were given their own abilities in game, but I felt it lacked the inclusion of drums, which, considering I play in a metal band, I thought to be an oversight. There were some things I think would have slipped past the less metal or rock savvy gamers, but most were just little details.

I agree with what you said about the game-play aspects, but frankly, my mind was just so blown by the game that didn't really notice that much lol. I would have liked to see this farther expanded, with maybe some other factions for multiplayer that could have expanded into other types of metal.

I would love to see a sequel, and, while this Double Fine game made more than Psychonauts, I still don't think its made enough to warrant a sequel any time soon. crying  

Haratio TaFotter

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff