Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
WE THE PEOPLE

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WE THE PEOPLE!
  ARE FREE!
View Results

Lord Izaran
Vice Captain

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:13 am
Three of the most powerful words ever recorded in history.

What do you think they mean?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:18 pm
Well the government is to be ran by the people. So the line "We the people" is talking about us as a nation running our land and making us free  

Kyo the III

Captain Syrus Haley

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:49 pm
I think it means, by our founding fathers, that even though they were the most powerful men in the nation, they are implying that that they are equal to any other man. I think it's saying no matter what your position, your reputation, or anything to that affect, you are still a man, and no more than a man.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:11 pm
To me it means that all the people in America are all equal, both the Founding Fathers and their fellow man. Well back then it didn't actually include everyone, but the general idea of the way they would have thought about it.  

Underworld Priestess

katieleeann123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:49 pm
We used to be free, but our rights are slowly being taken away by the government  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:14 pm
It means that the actions the people drafting the document were undertaking were undertaken as representatives of one nation's people. In other words, they were not representing 13 nations in alliance. That's why it says "we the people" and not "we the peoples" or "we the states."  

TammiGirl

Lord Izaran
Vice Captain

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:26 pm
TammiGirl
It means that the actions the people drafting the document were undertaking were undertaken as representatives of one nation's people. In other words, they were not representing 13 nations in alliance. That's why it says "we the people" and not "we the peoples" or "we the states."

I think for the first time I agree with you.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:54 pm
singingrules123
We used to be free, but our rights are slowly being taken away by the government

Which is why we MUST affirm those words.

We must stand up and state loud and clear: "WE THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERN THIS NATION! We will not be ruled or mastered by an elite few in Washington who assume the powers to tell us what to do.

We the People tell the GOVERNMENT what to do, not the Government telling US what to do.

To protect those Rights we must affirm on a single and sound voice that we will not be stepped on, we will not be controlled; we will not be robbed of our Rights, or lived, our Liberty or our property!

This series of regimes we have endured has done nothing but contentiously sapped and stolen our Rights, assumed emergency powers without limits to release or ability.

The strength of Americans is our sound voice, which has been subvertly poisoned and cracked by rotten corrupt men and women who falsely throw tolerance, race, religion, science, morality in our faces while adhering to none of those principles.

In the end we must unite under the common might of our single voice and stand against this rising tide of lawlessness and destruction to our historical roots.  

Lord Izaran
Vice Captain

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Tsukasa wave

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:31 pm
when the people fear the government there is tyranny When government fear the people, there is liberty  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:33 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99tjZn_Jq60

Thas me. :3

Speaking on this Thread.  

Lord Izaran
Vice Captain

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items