Excitable Friend

8,325 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:18 pm
First... I look for a catchy title...
then i look for good art... [Yes I actually judge a book by its cover]
then i check those that one recommends...
and finally i just pick up random ones and read the summaries...
really its a simple process...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:40 pm
If i heard or seen the anime of that book then i will read it.  

Luka god of death

kitten clamplover
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:52 pm
sometimes its random, sometimes i've heard of it, sometimes i just like the art, sometimes i know the author biggrin it depends  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:16 pm
lunarxgirl
I first look at the art, if I like the way the characters are drawn then I look at the plot. If I like both then I concider it for reading.

This is what I should have said. Agreed Lunar.  

rahna
Vice Captain

Never_Be_Known

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:58 pm
I would say, ummm, OH! I would say by its title, first few pages (So that i wouldn't spoil the whole book for me), and the Picture! Sometimes the genre.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:06 pm
Genre's a big factor too...I won't read horror.

(I read a little bit of King of Thorn)  

rahna
Vice Captain

NightmareMoonFairy
Vice Captain

8,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:43 am
First of all, an interesting title. If I like the manga, then I'll continue reading it to the end. I usually search for manga on the net so that makes it easier to choose.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:03 pm
For me, cover first...then story...then I'll flip through to check out the artwork . Sometime's its hard to not want to read it because of the artwork since art is obvioulsy 50% of a manga (or more?) but sometimes the artwork can put me off even if the story is interesting. I'm trying to not be like that though lately and giving manga a chance to have the story shine through (Kimi ni Todoke is one of them).

I also have a weird thing of seeing who the publisher is too lol. whee  

DevilishMaiden

4,100 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100

Serene Rainstorm
Crew

Durem Mage

59,325 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:53 pm
For me, one of the main factors for me is, if it holds my attention after the first couple of pages and I like where the story is going. There have been a couple that didn't grasp my attention or interest, but I do try it out before I make a final opinion on it. The genre isn't really that big of a deal to me, though I'm not too crazy about sports (except for Girl Got Game and a couple others), but other than that I'll read almost anything. Make a recommendation and give me a mini summary what it's about, who the author is, and there's a 98% chance I'll go check it out. :XP:

The majority of the time, the title cover attracts me to it, and I flip to the back to read what's the summary about. The same goes for if someone mentions a manga I should try out, or if I see a picture of a manga/anime somewhere. I also like to see if the author has made other works and I rush to find/read them.

There's just so many manga/anime out there and being created, it feels like there just isn't enough time to read it all in one lifetime, but I'm going to try. It's quite rare for me not to finish reading a series that I've liked and wanted to read more of.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:43 pm
To be honest I let my best friend pick out any manga for me to check it xD I'm a terrible judge when it comes to manga, while she actually picks really good one :]
Thanks to her I've read Love Hina, Kare Kano, Wallflower, Absolute Boyfriend, etc. She's mostly into yaoi though, so when she's on a manga binge for that I usually steer clear and look for my own things to read.
When I do pick up a manga, it's usually the summary that'll catch my eye (and usually the art if it's really pretty :3) I'm a sucker for a good romance so shoujo is usually where I find all my books lol

EternalNightingale
Crew

Moonlight Seeker

cnjeanja10

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:31 am
if its a manga i'll read it biggrin if its a anime ill watch it. i just love all anime! mrgreen  
Extended Discussion [ED]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff