Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oOGarrettOo
Crew

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:03 am
Yes, like all things, we have rules and guidelines for posting your stories.

And you best follow them, I might add.

Just to get it out of the way quickly, there will be no mature-content stories. This follows the TOS. If we see one, it will be deleted. We like the guild where it is. There are no exceptions to this rule. If you’re unsure about something, contact one of us with the snippet and we’ll let you know.

Upon posting your wonderful works of fiction, we also kindly request that in the title bar, beside the title of the story, you address the appropriate rating.

Rating System by Examiner.com

PG: Parental guidance is suggested for readers age 12 and under. Stories in this category may contain very mild language, limited concepts of violence.

T: rated stories are suitable for teens, 13 years and older, with some violence, minor coarse language and minor suggestive adult themes.

M: rating is not suitable for children or teens below the age of 16 with possible strong but non-explicit adult themes, references to violence and strong coarse language.

For example: “Who Needs a Title, T”

Not too difficult, eh?

We also require proper formatting for all posted short stories. As much of a hassle as this might seem, it really does make life easier, and formatting can’t get any easier than this:

Double space between paragraphs.

It’s as simple as that. This will make the story easier to follow, keep the post neater, and chances are people will be more likely to read it since it doesn’t strain the eyes. Just because you post it, doesn’t mean it’ll be read.

Example

“You know, smoking is bad for you,” quipped Paris matter-of-factly.

“Yea, and so is random suicide. I did that too. But hey, at least you can pride yourself about being the a*****e that saved me huh!” I said, walking over and slapping him on the back. He glared at me indignantly.

“You should stop,” he said.

“Nope. If I can’t die then like hell I’m not gunna smoke, France.”

“My name’s Paris,” he said, huffing. It was the tenth time that day that I’d called him France.

“Same thing. Look, why don’t you run off and be with some of your other little fairy friends, if my smoking is bothering you that badly,” I said, blowing a stream of smoke in his direction before patting out the butt in an ashtray and pulling out another one.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:21 pm
A couple other things about submitting your stories....

Before you begin list any warnings or key words you are associating with the story (possible violence, darker themes, drug use etc) so that people can make personal choices as to whether they want to read it or not. (Some people may have issues with reading about drug use but no problems with violence, for example.) Got no warnings? Use "Warnings: none" or something similar.

Disclaimers. While this isn't a fanfiction guild, if you're using ideas or characters or plots from elsewhere remember to add a disclaimer. If you've used a quote in your story and didn't reference it in-text or in a footnote, mention it in the intro before you start your story. Ditto thanks for anyone who's helped you out with your story or similar.

Likewise make it clear what level of criticism you're after, or whether you just want friendly comments. This isn't a guild for people to get their jollies from solely good reviews, but some people are looking for expanded, in-depth feedback, and others are looking for input on characters, plot etc, while still others just want some short, simple reviews and comments. Make this clear with your warnings and key-words before you start. You may want to have a separate post at the beginning for this sort of thing (warnings, disclaimers etc).

If you have a multi-part story you want to share, reserve enough posts in advance for you to complete the story in one thread before opening it up to comments. You can always delete the ones you don't need later, or ask one of the guild crew to do it for you.

We'll come down very hard on plagiarising here. Don't use things written partly or entirely by other people. If you're referencing or quoting make that clear somewhere. Plagiarism is against Gaia TOS, and if we discover plagiarism you will be removed from the guild and possibly reported. If we suspect you of plagiarism we will contact you via PM first, so don't stress about accidentally plagiarising someone.

I think that's it.

Oh, and don't forget the Guild Rules.  

Sanguina Cruenta

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Writers' Keep - Novels, short stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out