Welcome to Gaia! ::

The zCampaign

Back to Guilds

Here to campaign on behalf of zOMG!, Gaia's neglected and dying MMO. 

Tags: zOMG!, Campaign 

Reply The General Forum
zOMG and the home page, we need to give feedback. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaze_Yuki

Newbie Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:47 pm
I took the survey and post on the site feedback forum. xD  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:00 pm
I took the survey and added that I'd like to see zOMG on the home page-- maybe player stats, or when a mini-event is occurring (goddamn gruckens), or something along those lines.  

wandringmind

Nerd

Kuro Ichigo Ookami

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:02 pm
Thanks for notifying me about this and done! 8D  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:01 pm
I went in first thing this morning... One thing I pointed out, is that zOMG! is more than 'just a game' to many of us...
It's Towns with better chat, locale and gold payout.
It's games with more interactive experiences.
It's a whole world to explore and play in... and we want to see new people join us there.
zOMG! is where Gaians can truly interact and play Together...

IMO I think if we back up our request with solid reasoning for our opinions, they might just take us for more than what we appear to be... pixellated people.

It seems the next few weeks are going to be our opportunity to let them know that we love what they created...
Keep it up guys, maybe they'll listen.  

Ju Tru Nix

Benevolent Elder

17,550 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Noob wrangler 100

Nikki Rydia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:03 pm
I did the survey and suggested updates to zOMG! as well! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:22 pm
Commented for zOMG and sent.  

Hikari Tokoyami

David2074

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:41 pm
Thanks for the link.
Surveyed / commented. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:22 am
Wow! So many people surveying and posting. <3 This is great! Hopefully Gaia will see a large response and respond accordingly. Be sure to get any friends from zOMG to do the survey and post as well!

sky_rider19
I was part of the conversation about the home page and I kept on mentioning Zomg to them but it wasn't published the to whole conversation so either they brushed it aside or they were too busy.

I did too but it seemed they didn't want to publish any of those comments. But Pan did say that they will read through all the comments, even those that aren't published and take into consideration. So even though we brought up zOMG and it wasn't published, we know Pan will read it.

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Chise the Braixen

Naughty Canine

30,975 Points
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:13 am
done survey  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:40 am
Survey completed and posted!

It's funny, though...I went to fill out the survey, wondering what I could say in my comment to support zOMG, and maybe get someone to consider the idea. What I ended up with was a little too long, I think, and would probably be better as a forum post. (contents in quote below) But is there anywhere that it would be seen?

Quote:
I would like to see an area for zOMG updates more than any of the options noted above. The space could include a link to announcements on the game's forums, as well as links to threads started by members of the development team.

Most online games place recent news, whether it's the release of an item or the start of a new event, on their home page for all to see. Some users, especially those new to the site, might not know to check the zOMG forum. Others may not realize the difference between a developer and an ordinary forum-goer, so they don't know which threads have news and which are regular chats. Players who don't check the forum often would get information sooner, allowing them to spend more time playing and less time hunting for threads. All of these things would make it a useful addition.

Also, if the goal is to make zOMG a feature that brings money to the site, then it should have a space. Interest can come from new information, and that means more players. More players means more people who will buy zOMG-related items sold for cash - for themselves, for friends, or to sell to others.

Perhaps more importantly, the 'official' feel of a module on the home page would show that Gaia really wants the users to know what's going on in the MMO and get involved. I think this should happen, because it's a selling point for the site as a whole. There are many places that allow people to dress up avatars. Most have forums, some have games, others even have a world and a storyline. None that I know of have their own MMO that gives everyone a chance to be part of that story, and to see their avatar in that world. That should be worth reminding people of with the occasional front page update.

Although it may be possible to place this information with the regular updates that the site displays, I think a module is the best way. With how frequently announcements come out for Evolving Items and Chance Items, zOMG should have a space of its own. Otherwise the updates will get pushed out of sight too quickly. But, whether this idea is implemented or not, thank you for reading.

Miyumi Aurelis

5,250 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Ju Tru Nix

Benevolent Elder

17,550 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:42 am
Miyumi Aurelis
Survey completed and posted!

It's funny, though...I went to fill out the survey, wondering what I could say in my comment to support zOMG, and maybe get someone to consider the idea. What I ended up with was a little too long, I think, and would probably be better as a forum post. (contents in quote below) But is there anywhere that it would be seen?

I posted something similar in his main thread about the feedback... Here's the link again. Pan's front page thread  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:08 pm
User Image

I simply suggested that zOMG need as much homepage time as cash shop and aquarium.
Merry Christmas!

Beware of TnT

Opinionated Warrior

The General Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out