Submit

Hopeless?
  Yes
  No
  ~Poll whore~
View Results

JazZhands

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:49 pm
Okay, well I've already made a thread like this in the GD, but no one took it seriously >.< cry . Okay well yeah I want to become a doctor (either Neurologist or Paediatrician not quite sure yet) and well at the moment I'm in year 11 and not currently studying the required science and math subjects, however I know a way where I can get that knowlege after year 12, TAFE. Then I hope to be accepted into Uni to study a year of Bachelor Science to increase my entry rank for medice, I hope to be accepted in the St. Lucia (UQ) or Griffith University assuming that my OP is acceptable for the course.

Do you think this a pathway that will work, or am I just chasing a hopeless dream?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:21 pm
At this stage I don't think it's a hopeless dream...and you seem to have it planned out quite well, considering you're still in year 11.  

nrasjaa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:13 am
physics, chemistry, maths C, maths B. i wanted to do engineering. didn't get in. did one year of a diploma in engineering, applied again. didn't get in!! passed everything, got a s**t OP so meh didn't get in!!

moral of the story, it's just like that kayne west song: nothing's ever promised tomorrow today. 3nodding subjects mean jack s**t, take it as it comes and dont worry to much about it. you'll find a way  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:44 pm
im in yr 11 atm too! and that does sound like a good idea! i hope it works out for you! biggrin pirate  

Phantom-Deks

TrickYMickY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:24 am
If thats what you want to do then go for it! If things dont work out then at least you wont be left wondering 'what if?'  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:13 am
You're going about it the right way. I completed year 12 in '05 so I recently got all my Unithingers together and such. But I wanted to do Pharmacy, I didn't quite hack it and my Maths killed any possibility of making it in Queensland. So I'm undertaking a BA ans I'll see where I end up from there. I can transfer to where I need to go so I'm happy.  

DNA_Guru
Captain

Chizxa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:34 pm
well, you can pretty much go wherever pathway you like as long as you have the will to go there. there are lots of bridging courses and etc. which you can do.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:56 am
I wanted Arts/Science at Monash after year 12, didn't get it. I tried again mid-year, didn't get it. I tried again at the end of this year, and I got it!

There's always chance and hope. Just do the best you can, and if you really deserve it, you'll get in no worries.

I dunno if you're going about it the right way, because it's far more complicated than anything I had to do, All I had to do was get good Uni marks for the stand-alone Science Degree I was doing.  

WellzY
Crew

Ozumou

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:18 am
Tafe is highly underated, You can get a lot of what you need and go in as a mature age student with a real head start (and by that I am talking not just about the extra study knowledge, but theextra maturity those three years give you)

Even getting into to a science or BA course will work,
I think you are doing all just right.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:27 pm
Give it your all and don't look back no matter how hard and unlikely things might seem to be. A little hope goes a long way.  

Ash_lus

JazZhands

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:35 pm
aww thank you guys for the encouragement. YES I SHALL DO IT. xd crying 3nodding heart  
The Official Australian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games