Welcome to Gaia! ::

The zCampaign

Back to Guilds

Here to campaign on behalf of zOMG!, Gaia's neglected and dying MMO. 

Tags: zOMG!, Campaign 

Reply The Think Tank
Rings~ [I]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zombilious

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Would you buys CL10 Rings in the Cashshop?
I was thinking about this with Yuki a while ago and thought what if Gaia sold the rings in the CS?
Would would be allowed to sell them in the Market so it would bring ring prices down lower so it might stimulate other people to buys rings and play.
People who have soulbound rings can unlock them with an items form the CS. (This was an idea from zOMG! dev's)
It would bring in revenue for zOMG! and may help increase popularity with lower rings prices.

So the question is would you buy for rings in the CS and pay for older rings to be unsoulbound?

Sign this and click image above to support zOMG!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:03 pm

People were angry at the idea of buying items that unsoulbind rings.
      While I don't think it would come under quite as much fire, since Gaians now know zOMG! really needs the cash, I personally still don't feel it's the answer.

Emyre

Wheezing Warlord

D-Fruit

10,550 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:58 pm
I tend to agree with Syko... but in some ways I think if the cash shop were to sell an item that granted a random CL 1 ring, that wouldn't be so bad. It would undercut the original problem of players "buying" their way to the end of the game because it's only CL 1 and once used in game it would become soulbound, but it would also give players a good way to find the rings they're missing. Being random means that if someone doesn't get a ring they're looking for they can sell the one they got on the marketplace and also buy the one they're lookin for on the MP too.

Also, it would be a neat way to release the new rings in a "head start" kind of way. New rings could get released FIRST in the item a few weeks before they were introduced to the game so that players would have a chance of getting them beforehand, and non-players would even have incentive to buy the ring grant item because if they get one of the new rings they could sell it for major gold in the MP before it's official release.

Anyway that's my 2 cents biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:18 pm
I suppose the answer to whether I would purchase a ring in the CS is the obvious "It depends on the cost".

I'm not that keen on it being a class 10 ring. Mainly because I'm class 10 and I have lots of extra orbs in my zomg inventory. SOooo, what am I supposed to do with them if not charge rings? It would have to be a new ring because I already have two sets (not counting ones I reclaimed). I have not interest in purchasing a 'random' ring because odds are very great I would just get a ring I already had and didn't need.  

David2074

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300

D-Fruit

10,550 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:25 pm
David2074
I suppose the answer to whether I would purchase a ring in the CS is the obvious "It depends on the cost".

I'm not that keen on it being a class 10 ring. Mainly because I'm class 10 and I have lots of extra orbs in my zomg inventory. SOooo, what am I supposed to do with them if not charge rings? It would have to be a new ring because I already have two sets (not counting ones I reclaimed). I have not interest in purchasing a 'random' ring because odds are very great I would just get a ring I already had and didn't need.

The thing about the random rings is, yes it's most likely that you will get a ring you already have, but then you can just sell it on the MP for gold and use that gold to buy a ring you ARE looking for off the MP.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:26 pm
I would only purchase them if they were new rings. As Syko said, I too don't think it's the way to go. Powerups of new intriguing kinds, ring re-"skins" or recolors, cosmetic things, things based off of zOMG art, first chance tickets to see new content, powerups that make you have more chance of getting different rings dropped for you, etc. - there's lots of things that could be done before resorting to ring selling.  

Atrash the Squidmonger

-Xaylan-

Invisible Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:34 am
I would purchase a ring but not if it was cl10 since that would take some of the fun away. Also, they should sell like limited edition rings like sweetheart and any new ones they come up with. I'm not sure about the ??? ring because what if I spent my money and it turns out to be a guns,guns,guns ring...Just my opinion ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:39 pm
Selling existing rings in the CS seems like a DOA kind of idea to me. If it's a ring that doesn't drop in-game (like sweetheart or fortune's favor), that's another matter entirely, since those have proven insanely popular. Ideally, it'd be rings that add something new to the game (which neither sweetheart or fortune do), although that would, admittedly, require a lot more work overall and probably wouldn't happen anytime soon.  

Endrael

Codger

The Think Tank

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces