Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
i think i figured it out.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-MysticCherri-

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:35 pm
okay. i read the sticky about wicca and it told me something
I'm not a Wiccan but something else completely. ( nature based Neopagan? I'll figure it out a short term later but yeah) it made me realize that i do in fact invasion a pantheon of gods and goddesses not just two. now where does the lotus i've been talking about? simple in Buddhism and other eastern religions the lotus is a symbol of peace and tranquility something i've been seeking for a long time. owls a symbol of wisdom, dragon a symbol of power, and the eagle a symbol of spiritual power and the ability to get though any problem.

i've meditated on what virtues i should include in my faith a few weeks ago and got these:

Honour- Honour the Gods. and be honourable in all that you do.

Trust- Be trustworthy in all that you do.

Chivalry- Be kind to everyone, be courteous to everyone

Creativity- colour the world around you, find creative ways to solve your troubles. sing a song to ease the pain.

Pride- pride can be a double edged sword, to be prideful of your work and who you are is okay, too much pride can lead to arrogance and hatred. a balance of humbleness and pride must be achieved

Love- the strongest feeling. love everyone around you. hold your friends close and forgive your enemies.

Peace- to stand on your ground for peace you have a peaceful state of mind. peace can be obtained but no one is trying hard enough to put down the gun and release the hate and just hug. a wise one once said, fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity

Mindless self indulgence (heathenism) - feel a soft breeze? is it pouring down raining? sit down and enjoy that breeze! dance in the rain! This life is far too short to lag around in worry and sorrow. dance to the music playing in your mind and don't care what this society we live in thinks. it's your life so live it!

Action- wishful thinking doesn't do anything one must act to change this society we live in. when doing nothing busy yourself with something.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:51 pm
Lux Excelsior

What does honor look like? What makes something honorable and something else dishonorable?

Quote:
Pride- pride can be a double edged sword, to be prideful of your work and who you are is okay, too much pride can lead to arrogance and hatred. a balance of humbleness and pride must be achieved
Wouldn't Moderation be the core of that virtue? If you're saying that the extremes are the problem?

Quote:

Mindless self indulgence (heathenism) - feel a soft breeze? is it pouring down raining? sit down and enjoy that breeze! dance in the rain! This life is far too short to lag around in worry and sorrow. dance to the music playing in your mind and don't care what this society we live in thinks. it's your life so live it!
Heathenism in most pagan circles is Norse paganism. Hedonism is the indulgence of pleasure.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:58 pm
Cool, Lux ^_^

There's a White Lotus sect in Buddhism, but I don't know anything about it. There are also forms of Buddhism that honour deities, but I don't know anything about those either wink
Having said that, Buddhism and hedonism don't really go together.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:02 pm
Sanguina Cruenta

If you're a monk- sure. But if you're not?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

-MysticCherri-

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:16 pm
Esiris
Lux Excelsior

What does honor look like? What makes something honorable and something else dishonorable?

Quote:
Wouldn't Moderation be the core of that virtue? If you're saying that the extremes are the problem?

Quote:

Heathenism in most pagan circles is Norse paganism. Hedonism is the indulgence of pleasure.

on the honour aspect i'll have to meditate more upon.

yes it would extremeness in pride make men like Hitler which i would think would be as extreme as one could get. he was also nuttier then a fruitcake made of fruitcakes doesn't help him either.

Sanguina Cruenta
Cool, Lux ^_^

There's a White Lotus sect in Buddhism, but I don't know anything about it. There are also forms of Buddhism that honour deities, but I don't know anything about those either wink

i do know a little bit about Buddhism but felt indifferent on the faith. not saying Buddha didn't have something that works but it doesn't feel like it fits together with my other practices and core of my beliefs. the only facts i found valid on the flower as a symbol simply came from Eastern religions. i like lotuses there pretty. ^-^  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games