Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dolphin Mania v2

Back to Guilds

Always at the leading edge of Booty Grab! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Dolphin Mania, Panda, Penguin, Rick James 

Reply Dolphin Mania v2
Tis not the season seemingly for booty grab

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:15 am
I finally got all my outlaws... and yet I don't feel safe with starting the tank.

Now that I have the time and the fish (is it appropriate to call outlaw wolves fish? Hmm) I feel there's a lot of problems and I'm better off waiting to see what actually happens with this ordeal than to waste their lifespan now.

What do you think sweet members here at DM?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:34 am
To be honest, since DM closed down I let my dolphins run out their lifespan and haven't replenished yet. I know it's silly but I feel like booty grab has lost it's shine for me, especially now that dolphins themselves are 800k+ in the MP and the Aquarium forum lags so bad on my computer. And without a tank to advertise, I feel silly bootygrabbing and bumping glow threads.

I feel like it's something that started out awesome and then sort of... let me down. sad From what I hear, tank owners don't even make much profit at all anymore, since there's so many less people playing, and I can't be online for 2-3 hours a day to advertise my tank.  

Miz Lina

7,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:44 am
I can relate entirely with it losing it's shine, but for a second there I thought we got a glimmer back...

but I think it's faded again, so I'm not sure if we're going to go up soon or down.

Yeah I hear that too, it is a fear of mine but I figured I'd chance my arm. I just don't know if I have the right timing right now. =/  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:52 pm
if you go to the DM guild there is a new way of doing booty grab and it is very effective  

Kane Solomon

Distinct Guildsman

7,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Miz Lina

7,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:58 pm
Kane Solomon
if you go to the DM guild there is a new way of doing booty grab and it is very effective

We're in the DM guild. lol

I know v3.0's just as good, but it's not as fun as the site used to be ;-; Maybe it's just me. Personally, I have four dolphins in storage that I can't bring myself to sell, so maybe I'll do up a mixed tank of my own and make an epic BG thread... New projects always give me a boost.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:25 pm
I would say hold onto them. Lanzer did just say he is going to do things about the way booty grab is being played and well they did mention something about the future plans for the aquariums and I just think since they did just cut the zOMG team they might start cutting in other areas on Gaia as well. It seems there focus is on new items and not on the older things until a long long time from now. Just my opinion.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

Virgo Whiskers

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:00 pm
azndreams
I would say hold onto them. Lanzer did just say he is going to do things about the way booty grab is being played and well they did mention something about the future plans for the aquariums and I just think since they did just cut the zOMG team they might start cutting in other areas on Gaia as well. It seems there focus is on new items and not on the older things until a long long time from now. Just my opinion.

I would have to agree with this. We have no idea how they plan on changing BG.. just that they're going to "make some changes with the gameplay" which could be a huge nerf for all we know.
Honestly, there is no way I would be starting a new tank at this point, especially if you're doing to to make a profit.
Out of curiosity.. I'm going to run some numbers for you:
17 wolves X 173,000g (ABP) = 2,941,000g .. so you would have to earn that much to break even
Average grab on an all wolf tank is ~ 2,000g, so you earn ~ 500g per grab. So you need to have 5882 grabs in 4 weeks, or 1471 grabs per week or 210 grabs per day. Which would mean you would need to get 6 glows per day, and have all of them full.... which I just don't think would happen. You may get the 6 glows per day, but they aren't going to be full all the time. And even then, that would only be for you to break even.
Honestly, if it were me.. I would just sell the wolves and not worry about BG at all. Only reason I even have a tank right now is because my fish are so glitched that they won't die for a year or more.  
Dolphin Mania v2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games