Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Altar Objects - a few questions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:39 am
Xx_Serena-Hime_xX
i never really thought there was a certain way of setting up an altar. if there was,my altar could never be called an altar. it is essentially just my stones,a glass bottle of saltwater,and a small pentagram pendant.

also,i have to wonder,when you say ''the god and goddess'' do you mean the god and goddess of the British isles?

The Lord and Lady. Mother Earth and our Father Sun.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:15 am
Azareas Aquarinus
Xx_Serena-Hime_xX
i never really thought there was a certain way of setting up an altar. if there was,my altar could never be called an altar. it is essentially just my stones,a glass bottle of saltwater,and a small pentagram pendant.

also,i have to wonder,when you say ''the god and goddess'' do you mean the god and goddess of the British isles?

i don't get it.
so,you worship gaia and...?

you cannot possibly be talking about the wiccan god and goddess,because non-initiates do not know anything about them.
biggrin
if i am not wrong,the ''lord and lady' is a name used only for the god and goddess of the british isles.  

Bad Quality Serena

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:22 am
Xx_Serena-Hime_xX

i don't get it.

you cannot possibly be talking about the wiccan god and goddess,because no one that has not been initiated knows a thing about them.
biggrin
if i am not wrong,the ''lord and lady' is a name used only for the god and goddess of the british isles.

Nah, other people do it too. Often ditheists of other faiths and soft polytheist ENPs.

Besides, the Lady of the Isles is not a "mother earth" figure wink  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:26 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Xx_Serena-Hime_xX

i don't get it.

you cannot possibly be talking about the wiccan god and goddess,because no one that has not been initiated knows a thing about them.
biggrin

Nah, other people do it too. Often ditheists of other faiths and soft polytheist ENPs.

ahh,thanks sanguina! biggrin
i've never met anyone that referred to any of the deities as ''lord and lady''.  

Bad Quality Serena

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:55 am
Xx_Serena-Hime_xX
Sanguina Cruenta
Xx_Serena-Hime_xX

i don't get it.

biggrin

ahh,thanks sanguina! biggrin
i've never met anyone that referred to any of the deities as ''lord and lady''.
God and Goddess, then.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:36 am
Xx_Serena-Hime_xX

you cannot possibly be talking about the wiccan god and goddess,because non-initiates do not know anything about them.

We know some stuff about them- like some of the lore was published. My HPS has said "The only secrets in Wicca are how you enter the circle and the names of the Lord and Lady". I think this is one of those deceptively simple/staggeringly complex concepts though. sweatdrop  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:48 am
Esiris
Xx_Serena-Hime_xX

We know some stuff about them- like some of the lore was published. My HPS has said "The only secrets in Wicca are how you enter the circle and the names of the Lord and Lady". I think this is one of those deceptively simple/staggeringly complex concepts though. sweatdrop

Yeah. I mean, they both have a lot in common with other well known deities.

Pan, the Egyptian Sun God (I forget his name), Aphrodite etc.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:12 pm
Azareas Aquarinus

That's not what I said- I'm saying that Gerald Gardner wrote about the Lord and Lady- while their names aren't known to non-initiates- it's possible for non-initiates to understand some things about them. If I didn't have the assurances of my HPS that the experiences and insights I have were relevant to Wicca- I wouldn't be seeking Wicca.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:49 pm
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

That's not what I said- I'm saying that Gerald Gardner wrote about the Lord and Lady- while their names aren't known to non-initiates- it's possible for non-initiates to understand some things about them. If I didn't have the assurances of my HPS that the experiences and insights I have were relevant to Wicca- I wouldn't be seeking Wicca.

I see. So, non-initiates can have faith in them and pray/talk to them?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:55 pm
Azareas Aquarinus
Esiris
Xx_Serena-Hime_xX

Ra. 3nodding  

pompoennetje

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:07 pm
Dianda Panda
Azareas Aquarinus
Esiris
Xx_Serena-Hime_xX

Ra. 3nodding

That's it! I was thought it was Thoth for some strange reason.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:18 pm
Azareas Aquarinus

Non-initiates can pray all they want to whatever they want- but that doesn't mean they're talking to the Lord and Lady and the only way to know for sure is to verify it for yourself once you're initiated.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:45 pm
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

Non-initiates can pray all they want to whatever they want- but that doesn't mean they're talking to the Lord and Lady and the only way to know for sure is to verify it for yourself once you're initiated.

Ah I see.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:44 am
Well, the woman who tough me almost everything i know often uses a black candle, or nothing at all. I personally use the color gold to represent the god and silver for the goddess. My alter is ever changing but i often have ceramic pieces to represent the god and goddess (i have a triple moon symbol and horned god symbol, and a set of gold and silver masks).

But as they have said, use whatever feels right to YOU biggrin  

inuyashahoty22

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games